Markov Signing Impact on Subban?

jammer2

One thing, assuming Subban (soon to be RFA P.K if the Habs don't move quick) makes about 7.5 - 8 mill that is that is just under 14 mill of their cap tied up in 2 d-men...the cost of doing business I guess. Just a passing thought, is the precursor for the Habs to let P.K sign with another team and reap in the 3 first round picks. If you don't think he is worth a max contract for max length (probably what he is asking for, or at least close to his asking price) you save the money and gobble up the extra draft picks, which is a nice consolation prize.

To the bolded,.....ROFL. if a team like Edmonton, Florida or Buffalo  signed him to an offer sheet, i'd seriously consider taking the draft picks. Those teams are guaranteed to give you high draft picks. It sounds crazy to let a guy like Subban go, but I am not as high on him as some. He is no Weber or Keith or Suter. Yes he won a Norris and yes he is better than any Sharks defenseman, but I do not think as highly of him as I do some other Dmen in the league and would not want 10 million locked up on to 1 player. 4 first round picks???? From horrible teams like those who have failed in rebuild year after year? You would be almost guaranteed a top 1-5 pick every season for the next 4 seasons to go along with the first round picks you already have. 2 first round picks a year while still a good team?

Imagine Subban signed by the Oilers and they still finish near the very bottom(A likely possibility), and then they win the damn lottery. Hello, Montreal drafts Connor McDavid (Ranked higher than Crosby was)with Edmonton's first round pick. Edmonton is one of the few Franchises where you can fail upward.

Kevin Lowe after years of crap was promoted to President, and MacT, who he fired for failing for years as Coach, is now promoted to GM.

@J0e Th0rnton  Thing is, the offense P.K supplies far outweighs any defensive deficiencies he may have. We seen his point totals go from mid 30's his first few years....to 48 pts in the 52 games strike shortened season. Last year he was good for 53 pts in a full season. This is the year I expect him to explode, I think he breaks 70 pts with no problem. This season will be the very best version of P.K that we have ever seen....book it. Markov will be a big part of that, they make a very dynamic duo manning the points on the top pp unit.

Edited by radoran
split from Markov signing thread

@J0e Th0rnton  Thing is, the offense P.K supplies far outweighs any defensive deficiencies he may have. We seen his point totals go from mid 30's his first few years....to 48 pts in the 52 games strike shortened season. Last year he was good for 53 pts in a full season. This is the year I expect him to explode, I think he breaks 70 pts with no problem. This season will be the very best version of P.K that we have ever seen....book it. Markov will be a big part of that, they make a very dynamic duo manning the points on the top pp unit.

I think he will regress this season myself. I am not sure why. I just do not see him breaking 60 points. Ever.

I agree they are a dynamic duo. And I would kill to have Subban on the sharks.

But I do not think of him as highly as some others.....yet.

@J0e Th0rnton  If he does not post 60 pts next year, I will gladly post a "I was wrong" shaming thread.....lol. He is a virtual lock for 60 pts.....my only question is if he passes 70 this year. He is gonna turn 26 this year, we are about to see the *real* P.K....the one that puts it all together. Last year was the last year where he scores under 70...think he will do that for at least 5 years also.

@J0e Th0rnton  If he does not post 60 pts next year, I will gladly post a "I was wrong" shaming thread.....lol. He is a virtual lock for 60 pts.....my only question is if he passes 70 this year. He is gonna turn 26 this year, we are about to see the *real* P.K....the one that puts it all together. Last year was the last year where he scores under 70...think he will do that for at least 5 years also.

No shame in it. Its a prediction lol.

I just do not see him breaking 60 unless he goes full Karlsson, ignoring his own end. I suspect he will continue to refine his defensive game, and be a 50+ point player.

No shame in it. Its a prediction lol.

I just do not see him breaking 60 unless he goes full Karlsson, ignoring his own end. I suspect he will continue to refine his defensive game, and be a 50+ point player.

I think he goes this route too. I mean becoming more defensively responsible. His coach was on his case about it all year, and I doubt he lets off. It'll make him a better player in the end. That said, he still has the talent to put up 60.

@flyercanuck  I think the difference between Subban getting 50 or 60 could rest with the Hab forwards. Will Max find a bit more consistency? Will Gallagher, already one of the most feisty players in the league, take the next step as a goal scorer?....he certainly has the hands to continue to improve on the nice start to his career. Will the Habs find a legit #1 center, or will a current roster member step up? How many points can Galanychuk manage if given more ice time? If the Habs were to get their hands on a Joe Thornton type, Subban's stats would skyrocket.