Why Hartnell is Gone...

King Knut

So reading this article

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/flyers/?wss=/philly/sports/flyers&id=264681041

And it really paints a picture of Scotty being a pretty bad influence (though a great guy) when it comes I staying in shape.

He'll not going to Spasso's on game day might buy them 7 or 8 more wins a year.

Maybe a few fewer beers on the road for the guys staring down 40?

Berube was clearly unhappy with their conditioning in October and i could totally see Scotty being seen as a bad influence if also a great guy that everyone loved.

Now the hamburgler can take them all to mcdonalds....it's funny how we change our philosophy based on other teams,when buffalo and Ottawa skated circles around us in the playoffs years ago we said we need to be faster, so we got Kubina , L Schenn and Grossman. Ok the hamburgler can skate better than hartnell ,but in end the number of goals you score is the most important thing.cif we got a good young player and gor out of a bug contract , then I understand. We got an older bangs up guy with a bad contract, who scores less....I guess we gave up some goals for a couple of years

And it really paints a picture of Scotty being a pretty bad influence (though a great guy) when it comes I staying in shape.

Where did you get that impression from that article. The only impression I got was he was a good influence at pulling the team together and was a best friend to the best two players on the team. 

MANY hockey players eat pasta / protein before a game because of the slow burning carbs. 

• Like 3

Where did you get that impression from that article. The only impression I got was he was a good influence at pulling the team together and was a best friend to the best two players on the team. 

MANY hockey players eat pasta / protein before a game because of the slow burning carbs. 

Yeah, same here. Nothing at all in there suggests he was a bad influence in any way. Everyone eats a pre-game meal.

• Like 1

Yeah, same here. Nothing at all in there suggests he was a bad influence in any way. Everyone eats a pre-game meal.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Hartnell eating pasta at Spasso last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Hartnell eating pasta at Spasso last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Thank you, Radoran.

Bryzgalov? Bryzgalov?

Hey, I think I know that girl... she's legit.

So reading this article

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/flyers/?wss=/philly/sports/flyers&id=264681041

He'll not going to Spasso's on game day might buy them 7 or 8 more wins a year.

Maybe a few fewer beers on the road for the guys staring down 40?

Berube was clearly unhappy with their conditioning in October and i could totally see Scotty being seen as a bad influence if also a great guy that everyone loved.

Sorry but I think that artlicle was nothing but positive about Hartnell... He was a glue guy for the flyers... I guess Crosby and G are bad influences too for their pregame PB&J and Grilled Cheese... 

Edited by murraycraven

Hey my gardner's aunt's uncle's nephew's cousin's daughter is friends with her on facebook and backs your story! :blink:

• Like 1

Have Crosby and G been accused of showing up to camp fat, soft and slow?

It's an accumulation of circumstantial evidence. And no, obviously the article does not think of it as negative and in and of itself it's not negative.

Trying to make lemonade out of cap relief coming 2 years sooner flavored lemons.

The points that were made elsewhere about his best year coming when fierce fitness devotee jagr was in town. Talent and playmaking sure helped but did the trips to the weight room and the cajoling about it at the lunch table?

I don't know Man, by bad influence I don't mean bad guy. I mean so good it softened them.

Sorry but I think that artlicle was nothing but positive about Hartnell... He was a glue guy for the flyers... I guess Crosby and G are bad influences too for their pregame PB&J and Grilled Cheese...

I'm troubled by the Flyers carb intake now. It's bad enough Scott's neighbor's 2nd cousin's besty saw him gorfing down some Spageitty....but now it's evolved to P&J grilled sandwich's.  This is a disturbing new revelation. To avoid anymore trouble.....I boldly suggest the following....

1)Carb Island.....sign up if you want to avoid carbs at all cost. For the purpose of this exercise, if anyone is caught sneaking midnight potatoes with sour cream, it will be considered team treason and could bring about a trade to Siberia of the KHL.

2)Immediately hire a team Carb Councillor. The players must be brought up to speed on the evils of carbs.....know thy enemy.

I for one don't know the real reason for Hartnell leaving,but I am glad to see Umberger back. 

In a nutshell he wasn't productive the last quarter of the season and into the playoffs with the teams best two forwards and was making a lot of money.

Right or wrong when you put on the tape the front office saw it and addressed it. He wasn't alone in not being effective but i'm sure they are not done jettisoning pieces.....stay tuned come to come with current cap situation.