Evander Kane wants to go to Philly?

VLC, L Schenn and a 1st for E Kane. Done.

too much; no first...Kane hates the 'Peg and they have nearly zero leverage,  they'd be getting two quality locker room guys and ridding themselves of a headache.

no first for them.

too much; no first...Kane hates the 'Peg and they have nearly zero leverage, they'd be getting two quality locker room guys and ridding themselves of a headache.

no first for them.

Actually I think they have a fair amount if leverage because a lot of teams will look into Kane thanks to his 30 goal season. From my team's perspective imagine him out there with Malkin and Neal. We don't have the cap space I don't believe but the kid shows great potential and a lot of teams MAY have an interest. The more teams the more leverage.

• Like 1

Exactly. It seems to me the plan is to shed salary to clear cap space for the future, get younger and cheaper, not trade bad contract other heavy contracts

Yes in two year Coots, Brayden, Mason and Coburn will be up for new deals along with Luke shed now why they can.

i love this rumor stupid elkland

Lecavalier + 2nd Rounder to Florida for Scottie Upshall?

If the Flyers have any chance of moving Vinny Florida is the team and it will require them retaining some salary and giving up a "substantial pick" in return..while taking back a player...the Flyers could grab Upshall I am told.
Source: Eklund

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

So Kane is known as a bit of an egotistical party boy from the word out of the 'Peg. Not exactly what the doctor ordered when it comes to types you want to bring in on your team to build character and develop chemistry. But guys can change. And on the plus side, there's always this...

cooke-kane.jpg

• Like 2

So Kane is known as a bit of an egotistical party boy from the word out of the 'Peg. Not exactly what the doctor ordered when it comes to types you want to bring in on your team to build character and develop chemistry. But guys can change. And on the plus side, there's always this...

cooke-kane.jpg

That is worth it alone.......SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So all of this is based on a liked tweet? LOL... holy **** we are desperate for news around these parts...

It was a rumor if someone actually WANTING to go to Philly (or just anywhere but Winnipeg) so I thought it was different enough to post. ;)

• Like 2

And, moving JVR for L Schenn may still prove to work out. TBD.

Could not agree more. Once McDonald got here, Luke turned his game around to the point where he really closed the gap between JVR and himself for overall usefulness. The encouraging thing is the mental part of Luke's game had some noticeable improvement. Near the end of the year, I was seeing a new level of calm and poise from Luke, a very promising development, cause he was not really struggling with the physical aspects of his job. Factoring in both Luke's new consistency and the JVR disappearing act while the Leafs slid out of playoff contention, the gap has grown as small as ever. I figure in 2 years or so, we may be able to crown a winner.....but now more than ever, it is close....real close.

If the mental/quick decisions part of Luke's game keeps evolving, he could become a *very* valuable piece. Ha ha....never ever thought I'd be typing that, even last Christmas I would have LOL'ed at anyone even suggesting such a thing.

Could not agree more. Once McDonald got here, Luke turned his game around to the point where he really closed the gap between JVR and himself for overall usefulness. The encouraging thing is the mental part of Luke's game had some noticeable improvement. Near the end of the year, I was seeing a new level of calm and poise from Luke, a very promising development, cause he was not really struggling with the physical aspects of his job. Factoring in both Luke's new consistency and the JVR disappearing act while the Leafs slid out of playoff contention, the gap has grown as small as ever. I figure in 2 years or so, we may be able to crown a winner.....but now more than ever, it is close....real close.

If the mental/quick decisions part of Luke's game keeps evolving, he could become a *very* valuable piece. Ha ha....never ever thought I'd be typing that, even last Christmas I would have LOL'ed at anyone even suggesting such a thing.

Well stated jammer, I saw a lot of the same things later in the season too.