broadcasting live from the draft

AJgoal

@sarsippius  I'm totally disappointed with the booing of Flyer legend RIck Tocchett. He was one of my all time favourite Flyers and deserved a heroes welcome, not a chorus of boo's. Why the boo's.....??  He did not demand a trade, never sulked, played his damn heart out. One of the best fighters/skilled Flyers of all time. A disgrace Rick got booed in my eyes...if it's for the gambling stuff that is awful. Let he who has not sinned boo first I say!!

@jammer2

Honestly I don't they were booing Tock personally, I think it was really the blind booing of the Penguins, and there was definitely that sizable element there last night of people that....well maybe not the most astute hockey historians or fans, let's put it that way. Maybe it was personal from some fans,coming just days after he took the Pens assistant job, I dunno, I just got the feeling that it was all about the logo. Brind Amour got a nice response representing a team the Flyers fans have no grudge with.

Anyway I didn't boo Tock, always liked him here, hated to see him leave every time he left. I do wish he got a better reception, but Penguin hate overrides pretty much everything

@hf101

Ya when the Flyers passed on Kappy Jr, we laughed that samifan was probably writing an angry post, hope the Pens trade him and he goes on to win a Cup!

I didnt write an angry post on the forum, I wrote an angry letter to HEXTALL, HOLMGREN and UNCLE ED! :P

• Like 1

Nice atmosphere, and nice to meet sars and poulin. Not as exciting as I'd hoped. Still a good time.

I really enjoyed meeting you too AJ! It was tons of fun and always good to see sarsippius!

When the Flyers win the cup we will need a Flyers board wide get together to celebrate.

@sarsippius  I'm totally disappointed with the booing of Flyer legend RIck Tocchett. He was one of my all time favourite Flyers and deserved a heroes welcome, not a chorus of boo's. Why the boo's.....??  He did not demand a trade, never sulked, played his damn heart out. One of the best fighters/skilled Flyers of all time. A disgrace Rick got booed in my eyes...if it's for the gambling stuff that is awful. Let he who has not sinned boo first I say!!

jammer i clearly remember tocchett..when celebrating winning the cup in pittsburgh, looked right into the camera and yelling he's playing in the best city in Pennsylvanian. i know it was the heat of the moment but here it is and a slam to philly..FF to the 6:34 mark  

I really enjoyed meeting you too AJ! It was tons of fun and always good to see sarsippius!

When the Flyers win the cup we will need a Flyers board wide get together to celebrate.

@AJgoal

@Poulin20

Indeed good to catch up with a couple homeboys from the board, I can honestly say that everyone that I've actually met has turned out to be good people. We should definitely plan for a game this season and get in some pregame festivities

Anyway I didn't boo Tock, always liked him here, hated to see him leave every time he left. I do wish he got a better reception, but Penguin hate overrides pretty much everything

Tocchet actually cracked me up when he cracked a joke to Rutherford and said "See, I told you it wouldn't work". I think Tocchet knew that people were booing the penguins and not him. They choose him to announce the trade because they thought him being an ex-flyer would squelch the boos, but it didn't work. Kind of comical when you think about it. 

Tocchet actually cracked me up when he cracked a joke to Rutherford and said "See, I told you it wouldn't work". I think Tocchet knew that people were booing the penguins and not him. They choose him to announce the trade because they thought him being an ex-flyer would squelch the boos, but it didn't work. Kind of comical when you think about it. 

Yup Tock's a big boy and he's spent enough time here to know the deal!

I'm totally disappointed with the booing of Flyer legend RIck Tocchett

I guess they were booing the fact that he is a Penguin coach now.....who knows really they booed every damn thing. So it's Philly kind of expected now when they don't get another draft for 50 years we can say well they sure weren't hospitable!!!!! Yet it wasn't a shock.