Ha...Toronto already trying to get rid of JVR?

jvr is a good player..but homer over paid him before he was due and panicked when he realized the contract he gave him other wise he'd still be here

I'm just thrilled Homer is no longer making the calls. Hopefully Hexy can clean up his mess in a quick efficient manner.

• Like 1

@Polaris922  Would you do JVR for Letang, considering JVR's relative youth and not peaking and Letang's health issues, it could work out for both teams. Don't know how much saving's the Neal move made but I"m sure the Pens would be looking to dump that iffy contract if at all possible. Nonis might just be the stiff to get the job done....lol.

@Polaris922 Would you do JVR for Letang, considering JVR's relative youth and not peaking and Letang's health issues, it could work out for both teams. Don't know how much saving's the Neal move made but I"m sure the Pens would be looking to dump that iffy contract if at all possible. Nonis might just be the stiff to get the job done....lol.

Not a chance. I heard an interview with Johnston a couple days ago talking about his system. He LOVES the weak side d-man pinching in, and with Letang's skating he's going to be a much bigger factor than in Bylsma's system. Johnston also happens to have been Pouliot's coach and speaks highly if him as a fledgling Letang so he knows what his system is going to do for them. Would take a lot more than JVR to pry him away!

Not a chance. I heard an interview with Johnston a couple days ago talking about his system. He LOVES the weak side d-man pinching in, and with Letang's skating he's going to be a much bigger factor than in Bylsma's system. Johnston also happens to have been Pouliot's coach and speaks highly if him as a fledgling Letang so he knows what his system is going to do for them. Would take a lot more than JVR to pry him away!

I think you are over-valuing Letangs current market value. This guy almost died a few months ago. You just can't ignore that, pretend it is not there. A team could trade for him and he could die, I don't know of a riskier venture than that. I realize he has been cleared to play and all, but a bad ticker has a decent chance to repeat.....no? That just *has* to affect the return for him. In fact, I think the Pens return would be low enough that they would not deal him anyways.

I honestly believe the Pens would do JVR for Letang. They rid themselves of a health risk (sounds cold, but that is how these big businesses run things), save a decent chunk of change under the cap and get a kid who has not peaked yet in terms of goal scoring. If JVR got to play with Crosby or Frankenstein, his stock would rise dramatically. Crosby would turn JVR into a sure fire 30 goal guy, he would fulfill all his potential and flourish playing with either star center he was placed with.

The one position the Pens can afford to give up talent and or cap hit is on defense. They are so deep it would just make room for one of the  young guns to step in. I have no doubt in my mind that Matta could step right in and be a force at the point on the top pp unit. We have only really seen the tip of what he can do in a pp situation. Inconsistencies and all JVR would be a real nice fit in Pittsburgh's top 6. In that scenario, maybe the top pp is Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, JVR and Matta.....sounds like a promising unit to me.

I seriously doubt the Leafs are trying to move a 25 year old who just had a 30-30-60 season for them.

JVR is overrated by the Leaf fanbase, but he's a very valuable player.

Now, open to moving him, yeah. For the right price.

Very high likelihood he's on the opening night roster in Toronto.

@jammer2 Leafs could probably use a guy like Letang, but I'm not sure that I'd do that from Toronto's perspective. Not to be insensitive, but Letang's health concerns scare me a bit.

Edited by Commander Clueless
  • Like 1