Ducks draft Ritchie...WOW!

jammer2

What great value they got at the #10 pick!   Could you even imagine a future line of Getzlaf, Perry and this absolute beast of a winger Nick Ritchie. Nick is 230 now, but I think he will grow another inch and play at 6'5 and 240. This kid has it all, skating, toughness, wicked shot....I thought the Leafs and a few other teams may have made gigantic screw up by letting Ritchie get by them. Will be interesting to track the career trajectories of Nylander and Ritchie going forward. The Leafs blew it by not drafting Ritchie......LOVED IT!!!  I don't think Nylander will be a bum by any means, but Nick is special.

@Polaris922  The kid already has NHL speed and size, so the only thing that may hold him up would be his play without the puck. If he is decent at that in camp, he may just have the talent to make the decision tough for the Ducks. If not this year, (maybe one of those 10 game try outs that does not effect his eligibility on his ELC) than he is a given for 2015. I have no doubt in my mind that he will arrive well before Getz and Corey start to fall out of their primes.

This line would have the potential of a new modern day LOD. I have a great new nickname for them already....I hope it sticks...the RPG line (Ritchie-Perry-Getzlaf), so good fans can't distinguish fantasy from reality!!   Not bad, eh?

I've read Nick is quite mature for his age, so that will be another thing in his back pocket in his quest to crack the Duck's roster.

The Leafs will rue the day they passed up this beast.

What great value they got at the #10 pick!   Could you even imagine a future line of Getzlaf, Perry and this absolute beast of a winger Nick Ritchie. Nick is 230 now, but I think he will grow another inch and play at 6'5 and 240. This kid has it all, skating, toughness, wicked shot....I thought the Leafs and a few other teams may have made gigantic screw up by letting Ritchie get by them. Will be interesting to track the career trajectories of Nylander and Ritchie going forward. The Leafs blew it by not drafting Ritchie......LOVED IT!!!  I don't think Nylander will be a bum by any means, but Nick is special.

I really wanted Richie too (to the extent, might have been willing to give a B. Schenn + our 17 to move up). The problem is that I don't think Richie is ready yet, so that would leave a hole in a current roster, but I think we could have filled it from the farm. 2 years from now, Richie would be a monster sitting next to Grioux and Voracek- perhaps the best line in hockey.