Vinny for Upshall?

mng815

Just read that it;s expected that on July 2nd Vinny will be traded for upshall. They are waiting til then cuz Fla doesnt want to pay the 2 mil Vinny has coming to him on July 1st, Not sure if anyones eating salary or if draft picks are involved. Gotta say I am all for it if its true. Not because of Upshall. He's nothing but a 3rd liner on his best day. Not because of salary this year cuz vinny makes 4.5 and upshall 3.5. But I like it cuz upshall has just 1 year left on his deal vs 4 for vinny. this would be a solid step for hextall to start undoing homers mess. thoughts?

heres the article. its towards the end it makes mention of that trade

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2014/06/2014_nhl_draft_panthers_gm_dale_tallon_says_flyers_were_close_to_trading_to_no_1_pick.html#incart_related_stories

Edited by mng815

while i'm all for getting rid of vinny id rather just say give us future considerations and be done with it. florida needs to add another 11 mil in cap just to make it to the floor..so keep upshall and give us a signed lebron jersey...done deal

• Like 2

I would be ok with this until I saw the salary cap for this year.  So getting a pick or two and not getting any salary back (even perhaps retaining some of VLC's salary which I understand does not count against the cap) would be fine with me.

Like Jim says I'd rather just take nothing back and be done with it, literally just give the contract away. But we get back a contract with only one year left on it at a mil less than vlc makes this year, I can live with it

• Like 3

I'm sure Florida doesn't want to hang on to Upshall's contract and take on Vinny's. It might be less about us saying "nah, we're cool with just a pick" and more about Florida saying "no, seriously, take Upshall or we're not taking Vinny."

Those lines are gonna be weird. 

Raffl / G / Jake

Umberger/Schenn/Simmonds

Upshall/Couturier/Read

Akeson/Laughton/Bellemare

I see Upshall and Read as similar players - small, shifty, can score goals, strong defensively, and great on the PK.

Laughton is an unknown. He *should* make the team if he has a strong camp, because there's an open spot for him on the 4th line. 

I think Akeson has a spot based on his showing in the playoffs. That 4th line could realistically handle 10-12 minutes a night instead of the typical 4-8.

i dont really care about upshall one way or another. but i would do him for vinny straight up in a heartbeat. then vinnys albatross of a contract is gone and we only have upshalls crappy contract for 1 season. would be a brilliant move on hextalls part if he can pull it off. a perfect world would be fla just taking vinny for a pick. but something tells me fla aint taking vinny without sending some money back

Edited by mng815

i dont really care about upshall one way or another. but i would do him for vinny straight up in a heartbeat. then vinnys albatross of a contract is gone and we only have upshalls crappy contract for 1 season. would be a brilliant move on hextalls part if he can pull it off. a perfect world would be fla just taking vinny for a pick. but something tells me fla aint taking vinny without sending some money back

Hopefully this trade goes thru, I'd take Upshall to get rid of Vinny's contract. Upshall will be gone after this 1 season.

I'm glad Hexy did not cave in about Simmer.  Yes...I know it would be for the #1 pick...however, Simmer is the perfect Flyer and as someone mentioned above ...he is turning into one heck of a power forward.  As I said before, many times, ....Florida would ask for a Kings Ransom.

• Like 1

I just wish there was a burgeoning market for ex-tampa players. 

Take the picks from Dallas and run!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony Petrielli ‏@APetrielli 4m Commenter on MLHS says Philly Sports Radio 94WIP says Philly has 3 offers for Lecalvier: Upshall from FLA, Gleason from TOR, picks from DAL.