Vinny for Upshall?

mng815

The picks would be great, but I think Dallas may not be on his list of destinations.

Well what are you just standing around for??? you're up in Philly how about ride over and rough him up Soprano style and change his mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Gleason stinks. Upshall stinks. The picks would be great, but I think Dallas may not be on his list of destinations.

Wonder how high picks would be though?

If the picks are from the 18th and 19th round we'll take 'em!

• Like 1

Well what are you just standing around for??? you're up in Philly how about ride over and rough him up Soprano style and change his mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Not a bad idea lol. Dallas is nice in the winter....I think....

Gleason stinks. Upshall stinks. The picks would be great, but I think Dallas may not be on his list of destinations.
Wonder how high picks would be though?

who cares- just getting the cap relief and the person moved would be great. 

• Like 1

@Vanflyer

Gleason- 4mm for two years

Upshall- 3.5mm for one year

VLC ordinary buyout- 14mm over 8 years

I'd lean towards Upshall, but if he'd go to Dallas and they send picks that would be the best option. 

***correction*** Gleason waived

• Like 1

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov  59m  
 Im hearing Panthers have NO interest in Lecavalier. #FlaPanthers

Whether that's true or not, another interesting development is that Briere may be on the move (yes, I'm aware that it's from Eklund).

Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund  37m  
 Hearing Danny Briere Could be on the move...

It's hard to imagine any team other than the Flyers interested in Briere for another year in exchange for Vinny - if Montreal happens to be Vinny's "mystery" team.

Hextall's is signing LeBron next. That's the new decision, he's going to play hockey and baskeball at the same time and philly is the only town that would go for it.

I would be ok with this until I saw the salary cap for this year. So getting a pick or two and not getting any salary back (even perhaps retaining some of VLC's salary which I understand does not count against the cap) would be fine with me.

Is there any chance Upshall can be brought in and stashed in the AHL? What happens to the cap in that case?

If he does return, someone needs to dust off the "guitar Hero" and be prepared for the groupies to go into a hysterical freenzy.....the trout smell in Philly will be nauseating

Is there any chance Upshall can be brought in and stashed in the AHL? What happens to the cap in that case?

You can only get relief up to a maximum of $900k, so the rest of his cap hit would remain.