The future has started with picking Reinhart in Buffalo

Buffalo Rick

Murray did not trade the draft pick and he used it as expected.  So now we have this kid that likely will be thrown right to the wolves next year.  What better way to learn and start?  I still remember when Perrault was drafted.  But of course we won that coin flip and that was no average guy.  Perrault did everything expected and more.  He is the best Sabre of all time to this day.  And that includes Hasek and Miller and Vanek and LaFontainne and Mogilny and the late great Rick Martin.  This kid will be no Perrault I am sure.  Next year the so called experts believe the two glory boys are going to be available.   Murray is already pissed at the system and I cant blame him.  You do not change the rules in the middle of the game.  The Sabres morgaged their future to get one of those two guys and now they will possibly make it more difficult to get the top pick.  If they finish last, no certainty with Nolan as coach, they would be assured the second pick i believe and if the balls do not drop in our favor likely we land Eichel.  Hope I spelled that right.   I have not seen either play.  I have no way to.  The AHL I have not even attended in years.  I used to like the AHL, now they have more teams than the NHL.   I guess I have to just sit back and wait two years and hope we get one of those guys.  Or they will have to have Pegula really shell out the dough, and he likely will have to anyway.  We will see what the Hawks do with Teowes and Kane, the Buffalo native who wants 12 mill.  I believe Murray will be very laid back on free agency this year.  He had better be if he wants to be at the top of the lottery.  I cannot remember a year like this.  Where I actually have to hope my team loses.  

Reinhart was the smart pick, if not the clear number one forward, awfully close. I don't think he is the savior of the franchise, the forwards they have are repugnant, easily the worst in the league by an appalingly wide margin. He is a step in the right direction, but the Sabres still have to be considered the favorite for the McDavid sweepstakes.

I forget.  How many Cups did Perrault win?

Reinhart looks like a good pick.   If he keeps his head up, his nose clean, and works hard, maybe some day he can play for an NHL team.

Typical stupid dumb arse comment.   The same amount of Super Bowls that Dan Marino and Jim Kelly won.  But that does not mean a thing in a team sport.  Perrault was better than ANY PLAYER THE FLYERS EVER HAD.  PERIOD.  AND NOBODY WILL CONTEST THAT WITH ANY HOCKEY SENSE

Jim Kelly sucked, by the way, so thanks for reinforcing the point

Yeah, Ok.  Hall of fame and only QB to take his team to 4 st super bowls.  And he did not miss the field goal.  And we will be better than the Eagles this year for sure

Edited by Hockey Junkie

I'll post here what I posted in the shoutbox because I think it applies:

" While Buffalo got a nice haul in the first three rounds, until the goaltending matures (does Buffalo even have "the guy" yet?), and until the defense tightens up, Sam Reinhart, Cody Hodgson, and company are going to see LOTS of losing in Buffalo before things get better....especially being in the same division as Boston, Montreal, Tampa Bay, Detroit....and the Panthers, who look to be rising up sooner than later."

The mettle of Buffalo's young players will surely be tested.

If they can keep their heads on straight and stay the course as an organization (and hope for a bit of luck that the various prospects work out) then the Sabres will indeed have a winner.

But how long till and exactly when is way up for debate.

If I am a Sabres fan, I see reason to be excited...tempered with the reality that things may have to get darker, much darker, before they get brighter.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

I'll post here what I posted in the shoutbox because I think it applies:

" While Buffalo got a nice haul in the first three rounds, until the goaltending matures (does Buffalo even have "the guy" yet?), and until the defense tightens up, Sam Reinhart, Cody Hodgson, and company are going to see LOTS of losing in Buffalo before things get better....especially being in the same division as Boston, Montreal, Tampa Bay, Detroit....and the Panthers, who look to be rising up sooner than later."

The mettle of Buffalo's young players will surely be tested.

If they can keep their heads on straight and stay the course as an organization (and hope for a bit of luck that the various prospects work out) then the Sabres will indeed have a winner.

But how long till and exactly when is way up for debate.

If I am a Sabres fan, I see reason to be excited...tempered with the reality that things may have to get darker, much darker, before they get brighter.

Well lets hope  so.   We have to suck again to get one of these studs.  Why else would we trade away a team that was and could have stayed in contention with Miller, Vanek, Pommenville, Moulson etc.  They traded the farm away.  It all started with the firing of Lindy.  Dumb move.  But maybe in two or three years we will look back and say, it was necesarry?  Regier's legacy is not set in stone.

Yeah, Ok. Hall of fame and only QB to take his team to 4 st super bowls. And he did not miss the field goal. And we will be better than the Eagles this year for sure

He flat out sucked when it counted and the AFC was weak at the time. And buffalo will not be better than the Eagles.

But you never answered the question. How many Cups did Perreault win?

Well lets hope  so.   We have to suck again to get one of these studs.  Why else would we trade away a team that was and could have stayed in contention with Miller, Vanek, Pommenville, Moulson etc.  They traded the farm away.  It all started with the firing of Lindy.  Dumb move.  But maybe in two or three years we will look back and say, it was necesarry?  Regier's legacy is not set in stone.

It's posts like this that make it hard for anyone to take you seriously....Seriously.

He flat out sucked when it counted and the AFC was weak at the time. And buffalo will not be better than the Eagles.

But you never answered the question. How many Cups did Perreault win?

He did not win one but was that his fault?  Hell no