Crybaby Lemieux (Brendan)

Vanflyer

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=724419&navid=nhl:topheads

Could not have gone to a more appropriate team. What a baby!!! 

A couple of funny posts from NHL.com on the article: 

1) "So basically Lemieux is just as idiotic and pathetic as his father... looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree here. Maybe we can get Griff McCarty to beat Brendan Lemieux down into a turtle for old time's sake!"

2) "LOL I think the Sabres just saw "Lemeiux" on the list and went "*shrug*.....guess it's Worth a Shot"

guess I missed it but I don't see anything worth the label "crybaby" in that article. Sounded pretty reasonable and mature to me. The old hatred for C. Lemieux just isn't in me anymore I guess lol!

guess I missed it but I don't see anything worth the label "crybaby" in that article. Sounded pretty reasonable and mature to me. The old hatred for C. Lemieux just isn't in me anymore I guess lol!

I guess there are two ways you can take it: passion / fire or crybaby. I take it as crybaby. He was "pouting" because he did not get picked in the first round. WTF? Be happy that god has blessed you with the ability to play a sport at its highest level. Who gives a rats arse where you are drafted- as long as you get a shot at the show. I just found it petulant behavio (had to be consoled by Ekblad- really??). "wanted to walk on the stage" really? WTF kind ego is that. 99% of hockey players are humbled just to be given the shot to play in the NHL. This kid expected it. 

Well, when you get picked where he did that's about as close to a first rounder as you can get without being one. And I'd bet the farm he ends up being better than several picks taken before him. he's got size, skill and most of all, drive. I think it was more disappointment than anything.  I look forward to another year in Barrie out of him...hopefully.

Yeah - I don't take away "cry baby" from that article (or his comments) at all.  Nothing wrong with feeling snubbed or having a little confidence in your own abilities.

The hatred for Claude Lemieux that I feel has not lessened with time. I am hoping that it turns out that his son is really the illegitimate son of Brendan Shanahan.

• 2 months later...

Claude had a gift for scoring important goals.

He's a strange bird.

When Canadiens gave him his first tryout,  they had a sauna for the players.  Lemieux thought it would be a big joke if he took a leak on the hot rocks.  They sent his sorry butt back to Sherbrooke.  He was so mad, he took a punch at the mirror on his car.  Did a job on his hand, and had to go back into the building for help from the trainer.

Archived