Sabres to buy out Ehrhoff

hf101

The 31 yr old Ehrhoff had 7 years and $28M left on his contract. The Sabres will be paying him $18.667 million until 2027-28.   While his cap hit wasn't horrible the length of time on the books was probably the driving reason.  

Too bad we don't have cap room. I would love to pick him up. 

Agree, but then maybe we do if we turn around and make a trade.  Eklund has Philly, Isles, Pens and the Sharks with interest.

I believe they have a trade partner for vinny. Just not till after the signing bonus. Moving out another dman would be also needed I believe. Prefer grossman to be moved.

Why not just ship him over with 2 mill in his duffel bag?

Agree, but then maybe we do if we turn around and make a trade.  Eklund has Philly, Isles, Pens and the Sharks with interest.

ecklund has philly in on every free agent in the league..dude never heard of capgeek let alone the salary cap..you know he just puts that out there so he get cilcks on his web site

Have fun kissing Crosby's behind there in the Steel city Christian. You will miss Buffalo very fast

Are you drunk? He'll miss losing? He'll miss not making the playoffs? By the time Buffalo has a shot again he'll be retired. He took a $4 million contract to win and try for it all. I don't think he'll be missing Buffalo one bit.