Flyers came *very* close to landing Exblad

jammer2

Assuming this story is true, it appears the Flyers offered both the Schenn brothers, VLC and Simmonds for the 1st pick overall and Gudbranson. I'm torn cause I really feel Simmonds is an untouchable....but adding Exblad AND the number 3 pick overall from 2010 Gudbrason would have made the Flyers blue line much, much bigger.

There have been mixed results from Guds for the past few years. I do think he was brought up to quickly, maybe damaging his confidence a bit, but there is no doubt he is huge, has a nice compete level and will only be getting better. What coulda been....geez, but at the end of the day, having Schenn and Simmonds still on the roster is a nice feeling. You gotta give to get is the old but true saying.

Apparently, (did not know this, nice info to have) VLC will only go to 3 teams, Florida, Tampa Bay and a mystery city. The knowledge that the Panthers is one of the very few teams where a trade can happen with VLC would have made the deal that never happened much more enticing. It's gonna be hard for Hexy to send VLC to one of his desired situations....I wonder if this may have been one of our only shots, packaging VLC in a bigger deal was perfect.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddpxC?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=philadelphia-flyers

@jammer2

Not a fan of those guys knowing they were offered in a trade. I know it's a business, but NON-trades shouldn't be made public IMO.

If that had gone through, whether it would have worked out of not, I don't know. But Gudbransen is one of my best friends nephew. And my buddy HATES the Flyers...it would have been fun!

• Like 1

Assuming this story is true, it appears the Flyers offered both the Schenn brothers, VLC and Simmonds for the 1st pick overall and Gudbranson. I'm torn cause I really feel Simmonds is an untouchable....but adding Exblad AND the number 3 pick overall from 2010 Gudbrason would have made the Flyers blue line much, much bigger.

So that didn't include the #17 pick???? Then yes maybe i would have done that, i find it hard to believe Gudbranson would have come back in that though.

I know it's a business, but NON-trades shouldn't be made public IMO.

I'm pretty sure it was leaked by the Panthers there would be zero reason why the Flyers would do that. They'd prefer to keep it secret keeps the price down.

The other team does that to stoke the trade fire and to drive up the price to see if the can get a better offer it were all these leaks comes from i'm sure the Flyers are guilty of doing it do when they are the team being contacted it is just like you said business.

I'm pretty sure it was leaked by the Panthers there would be zero reason why the Flyers would do that. They'd prefer to keep it secret keeps the price down.

The other team does that to stoke the trade fire and to drive up the price to see if the can get a better offer it were all these leaks comes from i'm sure the Flyers are guilty of doing it do when they are the team being contacted it is just like you said business.

If the Panthers leaked it how does Gudbransen feel?

If the Panthers leaked it how does Gudbransen feel?

Well pissed or motivated or both.

But if he was really part of the deal which i heard for a while they haven't been happy with his play, i don't think Tallon cares. He still may be traded who knows....169 games 5 goals 21 total points and a -48 to go with that says he has under achieved and not sure who blinks first. GM always have funny ways of motivating players right or wrong.

I just found this!!!!!

Anthony Petrielli ‏@APetrielli 4m Commenter on MLHS says Philly Sports Radio 94WIP says Philly has 3 offers for Lecalvier: Upshall from FLA, Gleason from TOR, picks from DAL.

I say take the picks and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES, picks! Clear a contract and cap.

• Like 1

Upshall from FLA, Gleason from TOR, picks from DAL

I say take the picks and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A thousand times yes, I don't even really care what the picks are, just get out!

Unless VLC doesn't wanna go to Dallas...

Dammit, cut that out!

• Like 1

I have read VLC will only go to Tampa Bay, Florida or a mystery team. If that mystery team is Dallas....who knows? One thing for sure, he nixed a deal to Montreal cause he wants to play for a warm climate team.....which might make the supposed mystery team...or maybe even LA, Ducks or San Jose.

So you have to figure B Schenn , L Schenn and who knows what else are still being offered around. We still need a legit #'2 defenseman , or at the least a young "potential" #2 defenseman, who was recently drafted and is deemed NHL ready for this season. It may take both Schenn brothers to make this happen.

Jagr was without a team and offered $4.5 million by the Stars. He wasn't already guaranteed it with a NTC on paper.

True.

Point is, there is a good chance that this is VLC's last contact. Does he want to end it as a 4th liner occasionally shoe horned into other spots, with a persistent buzz out of home team fans that he is a waste.. Or might he want to end things as a contributor, regardless of where that might be? He gets paid the same either way, so which sounds like the nicer last few years of a career?

Edited by aziz

I have read VLC will only go to Tampa Bay, Florida or a mystery team. If that mystery team is Dallas....who knows? One thing for sure, he nixed a deal to Montreal cause he wants to play for a warm climate team.....which might make the supposed mystery team...or maybe even LA, Ducks or San Jose.

No chance that he ends up in Anaheim or LA. They are pretty loaded up at Center.

True.

Point is, there is a good chance that this is VLC's last contact. Does he want to end it as a 4th liner occasionally shoe horned into other spots, with a persistent buzz out of home team fans that he is a waste.. Or might he want to end things as a contributor, regardless of where that might be? He gets paid the same either way, so which sounds like the nicer last few years of a career?

But if it IS his last hurrah... Does he want to be fourth line on a team he feels has the playoffs in its future or a second line center on a team with no chance?

That's the balance I suppose. I'm sure he'll take a trade but it has to be somewhere he feels his situation improves. Is that Dallas? I just don't know how he views that.

But if it IS his last hurrah... Does he want to be fourth line on a team he feels has the playoffs in its future or a second line center on a team with no chance?

That's the balance I suppose. I'm sure he'll take a trade but it has to be somewhere he feels his situation improves. Is that Dallas? I just don't know how he views that.

He could put on his big boy pants and take them to the playoffs.