Flyers came *very* close to landing Exblad

jammer2

If the Panthers leaked it how does Gudbransen feel?

Bummed. He would have been going to a winning organization and given the assets going back the other way, proud that the Flyers were that interested in him to give so many assets (and Ekblad). 

• Like 1

Maybe Tallon doesn't worry about this but he's not doing himself any favors by broadcasting to the entire league that the content of sensitive, confidential trade discussions with the Panthers may end up in in the newspaper.

I have to assume someone from the Flyers already called Tallon and tuned him up.

But if it IS his last hurrah... Does he want to be fourth line on a team he feels has the playoffs in its future or a second line center on a team with no chance?

That's the balance I suppose. I'm sure he'll take a trade but it has to be somewhere he feels his situation improves. Is that Dallas? I just don't know how he views that.

Apparently he's ok with no chance if he wants to go to Florida.

He still has a house there where his family still lives, and claims Tampa as his home. That's probably more the reason and he doesn't have that in Dallas.

Florida is still his home, and I assume he's still tied in to his hospital foundation. He already has a cup, why not go somewhere where he has some roots?

Florida is still his home, and I assume he's still tied in to his hospital foundation. He already has a cup, why not go somewhere where he has some roots?

Florida does not have a state income tax either. That is why you see several of the major golfers calling Orlando area home.

Edited by flyerrod
  • Like 1

I'd take any of those deals in a heartbeat.

Gleason's cheap

Upshall isn't but has only a year

Dallas? I'll take your picks.

Where do we sign?

I just found this!!!!!

Anthony Petrielli ‏@APetrielli 4m Commenter on MLHS says Philly Sports Radio 94WIP says Philly has 3 offers for Lecalvier: Upshall from FLA, Gleason from TOR, picks from DAL.

I say take the picks and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it's all just conjecture and that's how any player should take it until the GM calls him.

Simmonds being the deal breaker makes sense.

Both Schenn's and Vinny and Simmonds? That's a debit ridiculous IMHO. Not unbalanced maybe but who the hell would the flyers play upfront? Simmonds was too high a price to pay.

Bummed. He would have been going to a winning organization and given the assets going back the other way, proud that the Flyers were that interested in him to give so many assets (and Ekblad).

I'd take any of those deals in a heartbeat.

Gleason's cheap

Upshall isn't but has only a year

Dallas? I'll take your picks.

Where do we sign?

Gleason is off the table I think he was waived and as far as Dallas goes I seen so many rumors I'm sure which is true or made up or speculation I guess we'll just have to wait and see...I'm sure with the cap situation Hexy has a plan and we'll have to wait till bonus is paid before anything else happens.