FREE AGENCY: Confirmed signings

Dallas: Ales Hemsky, Anders Lindback (Also traded for Spezza)

Florida: Bolland, Shawn Thornton, Jussi Jokinen, Al montoya, Derek Mackenzie

Pittsburgh: Tomas Greiss, Christian Ehrhoff, Blake Comeau

Rangers: Dan Boyle

StLouis: Paul Stastny

Montreal: Mike Weaver, Jiri Sekac, Manny Malhotra, Tom Gilbert (traded away Gorges to Buffalo)

Vancouver: Ryan Miller

Washington: Brooks Orpik

NJD: Mike Cammalleri, Martin Havlat

Edmonton: Keith Aulie, Benoit Pouliot, Mark Fayne

Islanders: Chad Johnson, T.J Brennan

Buffalo: Brian Gionta, Matt Moulson (Traded for Josh Gorges)

Calgary: Jonas Hiller

Minnesota: Thomas Vanek

Toronto: Stephane Robidas

Colorado: Jerome Iginla

Tampa Bay: Anton Stralman

ill try to keep editing them in. But I don't have a lot of time today. other mods feel free to edit into this post lol. Details too. Its just coming too fast.

BEST SIGNING SO FAR: Ehrhoff at 4 million for 1 year. Runner up, Stastny for a 4 year term, 7 million per.

WORST SIGNING SO FAR: ORPIK 5.5 million per year for 5 years. Runner up, Bolland at 5.5 million for 5 years

Edited by J0e Th0rnton
  • Like 1

Florida with an eclectic mix of signings.

Have to admit though, if they can get those personalities to mesh, then the Panthers, along with the good talent and work ethic they already had, can be more than just troublesome for the rest of the Atlantic Division.

And Dallas, after trading for Spez, now getting Ales Hemsky and hoping Lindback continues to develop behind Lehtonen, look like they enjoyed their taste of the post season and wanna come back for another go in 201-15.

Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin and their competant defense to go along with the new players should serve them well....they just better hope Spez doesn't break down on them at a critical time.

Montreal gave Gorges away and signed Gilbert. They made a move the opposite of good.

They also lost their captain to Buffalo.

I didn't say it was all good ;)...just said they are making some noise .. ;)

Agreed.

Thus far, I don't see Montreal's dealings today to be particularly forward-advancing.

2 of their biggest on ice leaders to Buffalo.

Yes Malhotra is a good 4th center who can win 60% of his faceoffs and Jiri Sekac is an okay possible 2nd line player.

But they downgraded elsewhere

I don't like the Habs basically giving away Georges, but Gilbert is a decent addition, had 28 pts last year, can play the 2nd pp, pretty good in his own end.

LOL...I agree with you on many things, @jammer2 , but I nearly spit up my lemonade after reading "....pretty good in his own end" in regards to Gilbert.

Granted, he is a nice offensive defensman, low maintenence if you will, but frankly, quite soft on defense, and I have seen him get spun around like a top by middling type forwards in one on one situations.

I am thinking maybe a nicely structured team on defense like Montreal may bring out something better in him over the Panthers whose defense was porous at best, but Gilbert had a structured defense in Minnnesota, and they bought him out because his defense was sub par.

I guess I won't know how much cap room we actually have till I see what kind of qualifying offers they threw at Wingels, Demers and Sheppard.

Hoping to see Burish and Kennedy dumped somewhere to free up another 4 million. If someone will take Stuart from us and give us way more than he is worth, they should be able to dump those two buttplugs for future considerations. I'd rather play the kids like Tierney and Hamilton than the giveaway machine Kennedy or useless Burish.

I guess I won't know how much cap room we actually have till I see what kind of qualifying offers they threw at Wingels, Demers and Sheppard.

Hoping to see Burish and Kennedy dumped somewhere to free up another 4 million. If someone will take Stuart from us and give us way more than he is worth, they should be able to dump those two buttplugs for future considerations. I'd rather play the kids like Tierney and Hamilton than the giveaway machine Kennedy or useless Burish.

Errrr....b-b-buttplugs???

LOL.....alllrighty then...I've heard players called lots of things, but rear exit blockers? Never....haha.

Anyways, back to the Panthers, I see where Erik Gudbranson is STILL a RFA.

Panthers better not have gotten so crazy with Day 1 deals that they forget they need to sign this promising young D-man to a decent contract.

If they do, and the Lightning still have cap room (capgeek is down, LOL, as I type this), I'd love for the Bolts to tender him an offer and maybe start him in the AHL Syracuse, then call him up after the season starts if one of the D-men with the Lightning falter.

That shouldn't happen though....I am pretty sure the Panthers will be smart enough to re-sign their RFA......right?

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Errrr....b-b-buttplugs???

LOL.....alllrighty then...I've heard players called lots of things, but rear exit blockers? Never....haha.

Anyways, back to the Panthers, I see where Erik Gudbranson is STILL a RFA.

Panthers better not have gotten so crazy with Day 1 deals that they forget they need to sign this promising young D-man to a decent contract.

If they do, and the Lightning still have cap room (capgeek is down, LOL, as I type this), I'd love for the Bolts to tender him an offer and maybe start him in the AHL Syracuse, then call him up after the season starts if one of the D-men with the Lightning falter.

That shouldn't happen though....I am pretty sure the Panthers will be smart enough to re-sign their RFA......right?

They are relegated to plugging holes in the arse end of the 4th line due to being overpaid liabilities, so it seemed appropriate lol.

LOL...I agree with you on many things, @jammer2 , but I nearly spit up my lemonade after reading "....pretty good in his own end" in regards to Gilbert.

Granted, he is a nice offensive defensman, low maintenence if you will, but frankly, quite soft on defense, and I have seen him get spun around like a top by middling type forwards in one on one situations.

I am thinking maybe a nicely structured team on defense like Montreal may bring out something better in him over the Panthers whose defense was porous at best, but Gilbert had a structured defense in Minnnesota, and they bought him out because his defense was sub par.

He looked competent whenever I saw him play...maybe I saw him on a few good days, I dunno....you seem to know him better, I'll take your word for it...

He looked competent whenever I saw him play...maybe I saw him on a few good days, I dunno....you seem to know him better, I'll take your word for it...

Heh...it's all good @jammer2 , hey he IS a veteran, and not a very old one at that (31).

Perhaps after bouncing around so much (Edm, Min, Fla, now Mon) and seeing many kinds of systems and playing with different types of guys, a light goes on in his  head and a message pops up saying, "Hey, guy, you are a DEFENSEMAN first and foremost...prioritize that and the rest of the things you can do will be a bonus to your team."

I don't hate the guy, but I often found myself grumbling whenever he botched coverage while with the Wild.