Ich bin ein Penguin?

B21

First Erhoff. Then Greiss.  Now the resign Goc? Certainly a German flavor to the team this year. All we need is for Tom Kühnhackl to make the team out of camp and Löwenbrau replaces Iron City as the official beer of the Penguins. 

First Erhoff. Then Greiss.  Now the resign Goc? Certainly a German flavor to the team this year. All we need is for Tom Kühnhackl to make the team out of camp and Löwenbrau replaces Iron City as the official beer of the Penguins.

Lowenbrau might be the only beer that is worse than Iron City!

$2.99 for a 12 of Piels my first year in college, and the ring tabs worked like quarters in the washing machine, that shitty beer paid for itself!

How 'bout that....first case I bought in college.  And never again. Upgraded to Natural Light after that.

• 4 weeks later...

If this keeps up, either your coach or GM will earn the nickname "The Fuhrer".

If your beat reporter is female, we can call her "Freulein"

Next up, big trade to the Oilers for Draisaitl?

The signing of Goc will make it a lot harder for Kuhnhackl to crack the opening day roster, but my money is still on Tom...I'm expecting a huge camp pts wise out of Tom, he will force the Pens to take note.

But when he was leading the team with guys like Straka, Hrdina and every other Czech we could find they just never made it anywhere!

This is true, and part of why I was against the Flyers signing him...but as it turned out he had matured into a good leader and role model, clearly not the character he was in Pittsburgh

The signing of Goc will make it a lot harder for Kuhnhackl to crack the opening day roster, but my money is still on Tom...I'm expecting a huge camp pts wise out of Tom, he will force the Pens to take note.

What would be interesting is to see how bacdly Steigy and Errey can butcher up his name during the broadcasts.

I hope.  That would be a nice problem to have.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not from Pittsburgh, not even from North America - are people in Pittsburgh still p*ssed at Jagr for signing with the Flyers?

I never was. One of the greatest Pens players ever. Sure he did not win the Cup in 2009, the fact that spared Talbot from the fans' ire, but my memory span is larger.

I'm not from Pittsburgh, not even from North America - are people in Pittsburgh still p*ssed at Jagr for signing with the Flyers?

I never was. One of the greatest Pens players ever. Sure he did not win the Cup in 2009, the fact that spared Talbot from the fans' ire, but my memory span is larger.

It's a 50/50 thing here... The anger with Jagr was always more about how he left the Pens than who he signed with after. I think the signing with the Flyers upset some but most recognized it for what it was... Biggest paycheck. The Pens weren't offering anywhere near what Holmgren did.

Many fans respect Jagr for what he did here. And when he plays you get a mix of cheers and jeers.

• 2 weeks later...

What Polaris said.

Jagr will always be loved here, and also booed.   People would have welcomed him back, but are pretty much didn't care when he didn't sign here.   You'll still see some 68 jerseys in the crowd.

Archived