Flyers fans meet your 1st Round Pick, Travis Sanheim..

I have to call bs on that. Sorry, anyone can dummy an image file to look just like twitter. I can not imagine ANY amateur player in development and prying for a draft dissing 1) a team, 2) a player. 

Move on, nothing to see here. 

• Like 1

I have to call bs on that. Sorry, anyone can dummy an image file to look just like twitter. I can not imagine ANY amateur player in development and prying for a draft dissing 1) a team, 2) a player. 

Move on, nothing to see here. 

the time stamp on those is from 2013. and when he was drafted he said he was a pens fan

Those are from a few years ago and apparently real. Big deal, he was a Pens fan. 

how do you know real? just asking. 

secondly, if factual, why is someone digging in the dirt that hard to diss him? If I believe, he just turned 18. So, those messages would be from a 16 y/o- who at the time had zero legit shot at the show?? 

I give him a pass as an adolescent. Besides, all canadians hate the flyers. :-P

@Vanflyer

Well they were posted on draft day as real and then apparently quickly removed from his account, at least that's what I read on Hockeys Future. That doesn't make it 100% fact, but I really don't see the big deal...plenty of kids his age are Pens fans due to Crosby.

And as I mentioned, rarely does a pro athlete get drafted by his favourite team. That team tends to change post draft though.

• Like 1

*All* Canadian kids grow up having a favourite team. Before getting drafted, they have players they aspire to be like, admire...it's totally normal. Plus, they have almost a 25% chance they will get drafted by their fav teams direct divisional rival. Personally, I'd be more worried if he was not a big fan of the sport and was just looking for a pay day.

• Like 1

Don't know if this is on this thread but here you go...

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=627821

Such an honour to be drafted by the @NHLFlyers such a great organization and they got the best fans in the league! #thankful #NHLDraft2014

Edited by OccamsRazor

• 1 month later...

@[member='OccamsRazor']  Gotta like the big frame, but that kid needs some meat on his bones. The Flyers will have their work cut out for them, but they do have 3-4 years to pack on the pounds.

I looked like that when i was his age i wasn't 6-3 but a frame like his it starts good between 19-20 with good nutrition plan and a good weight routine which i'm sure the Flyers will give him he'll be fine, he just needs time. We saw how much weight Morin put on in a year.

But his skating ability wow, impressive. He and Ghost will be the best skaters on the team in 3-4 years.