Giroux Arrested - All inclusive Humor Thread

brelic

@B21

Trust me we're having as much fun with this as you are, in fact maybe even more. But I'm not sure what this off ice incident has to do what many of us perceive as Crosby's on ice assholery....which btw didn't end at 18. I get that you see this as a chance to turn the tables a bit, and by all means have at it, but the only one that keeps bringing Crosby into this is you.

Only once. And done to make a point about how anyone making this an age issue (young, immature, etc.) to defend Giroux is grasping at straws i/m/h/o. 

Simple. You are trying to give your guy a pass with the asinine argument (these things tend to happen when you are young and stupid) that this kind of thing can be expected at the ripe "old" immature age of 26. 

Fair or not, professional hockey players are held to a higher standard. Especially when they are the Captain of the Philadelphia Flyers, no?

I think we can all agree on this. And if there's another incident involving alcohol than maybe there's a problem. But at that age, on Canada Day, I'm guessing there was plenty of foolishness going on. 

Apparently the team is far more sensitive than they let on... what are they hiding under all that angst?  

At least we have a captain who is committed to getting to the bottom of the problem.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Not giving him a pass. I'm calling him a moron.

At most I'm attempting to be less of a hypocrite by acknowledging that I've been a bit of a moron when young and drunk myself.

I think you're full of it. You were using CG's exploits in moronic use off the ice as an excuse to absolve SC's exploits of assholery on the ice.

Not gonna fly

All I was doing was admitting that I've done stupid stuff too. Though admittedly never involving physical taunting a police officer.

I think that takes a special kind of cocky.

Simple. You are trying to give your guy a pass with the asinine argument (these things tend to happen when you are young and stupid) that this kind of thing can be expected at the ripe "old" immature age of 26.

Fair or not, professional hockey players are held to a higher standard. Especially when they are the Captain of the Philadelphia Flyers, no?

After watching Giroux's  performance in the Ranger's series,last summer's finger disorder,this summer's heine scandal,maybe it's time for "G" to join Richards,Carter,Upshall,Hartnell,Carcillo,and other Flyer problem children. It would free up a lot of money and end the search for a left wing for Claudenia to play with. Maybe "Dry Island" wasn't such a bad idea?

Yeah, that Crosby multiple obvious ball shot might have been a suspension for another player

buttkick.gif

If Steve Downie can get away with a sucker punch and do so while wearing a Flyers sweater, anyone can get away with a sucker punch. ;)

I think we can all agree on this. And if there's another incident involving alcohol than maybe there's a problem. But at that age, on Canada Day, I'm guessing there was plenty of foolishness going on. 

2 isn't enough? ;)  :ph34r:

Not giving him a pass. I'm calling him a moron.

At most I'm attempting to be less of a hypocrite by acknowledging that I've been a bit of a moron when young and drunk myself.

I think you're full of it. You were using CG's exploits in moronic use off the ice as an excuse to absolve SC's exploits of assholery on the ice.

Not gonna fly

All I was doing was admitting that I've done stupid stuff too. Though admittedly never involving physical taunting a police officer.

I think that takes a special kind of cocky.

I've done lots of stupid things when intoxicated.  Though I was never arrested...and spent the night in jail....and for grabbing a cop's arse...repeatedly

Maybe I'm just not fun.

Then again, I'm not getting paid $8,000,000 per year to be captain of the Flyers, either.  And of course, I wasn't injured in some golfing "mishap" last offseason which resulted in a historically bad start to my season which correlated with my team's slow start putting them in a hole that they never really got out off.  Who knows, if Game 7 was in Philly and not MSG maybe we would have beat the Rangers and then the Pens and then - who knows in the ECF.

But we've all done it at the young and immature age of 26.  While captaining an NHL franchise.

Once again I'd like to point out... Crosby punched him in the arse.. not the balls.  So maybe he and Giroux are more alike than any of us ever realized?  

Funny thing though all this talk about G being drunk and what have you...  don't they say your true self comes out then?   ;)

Nah dude. That was the balls and cup he was aiming for. Even if one glanced off the buttcheek. After he threw a Bertuzzi punch to the back of the head with his glove on. Good thing he didn't land wrong eh? Or someone might be suing Crosby for his net worth

Nah dude. That was the balls and cup he was aiming for. Even if one glanced off the buttcheek. After he threw a Bertuzzi punch to the back of the head with his glove on. Good thing he didn't land wrong eh? Or someone might be suing Crosby for his net worth

I really need you to come help me at work.  You're obviously a certified expert on intent, and I could use that in a lot of court cases when we have to testify as to what the defendant meant to do even when they weren't able to do it.  ;)   

Watch the video again.  He's out of control throwing punches.  Valabik takes on square in the ass cheek.  As for the Bertuzzi comment, there's a difference there that you're too intelligent not to see.  

I really need you to come help me at work.  You're obviously a certified expert on intent, and I could use that in a lot of court cases when we have to testify as to what the defendant meant to do even when they weren't able to do it.   ;)   

Watch the video again.  He's out of control throwing punches.  Valabik takes on square in the ass cheek.  As for the Bertuzzi comment, there's a difference there that you're too intelligent not to see.  

I can't believe you are actually trying to say he was not aiming at the nuts. You don't throw looping underhand punches at that angle to slam a guy in the buttcheek.

Every single sports analyst and website and major news agreed he was aiming for the gonads after he threw the rabbit (Donkey)punch.

I think you are ONLY person I have ever seen say he was not trying to punch him in the nuts. Every other pens fan I have ever talked to even agreed that is what he was doing.

Edited by J0e Th0rnton

I can't believe you are actually trying to say he was not aiming at the nuts. You don't throw looping underhand punches at that angle to slam a guy in the buttcheek.

Every single sports analyst and website and major news agreed he was aiming for the gonads after he threw the rabbit (Donkey)punch.

I think you are ONLY person I have ever seen say he was not trying to punch him in the nuts. Every other pens fan I have ever talked to even agreed that is what he was doing.

I don't think he's trying to pick his spot. I think he's WAY to out of control for that and just punching at whatever he can hit at that point. I think saying he's in control enough to be trying to do anything but is giving him more credit than he deserves at that point.

I don't think he's trying to pick his spot. I think he's WAY to out of control for that and just punching at whatever he can hit at that point. I think saying he's in control enough to be trying to do anything but is giving him more credit than he deserves at that point.

He just happened to switch to looping underhands as he circled to where it would hit him in the nuts?

Come on man. Even every other pens fan embarassingly admit he was going for the nuts. Its not like it is the only time. I.E His spearing Moore in the nuts intentionally.

I remember when Valabik was signed to the pens shortly after. Every Pens fan was wondering how awkward Crosby was going to be when welcoming him to the team after the sack shot.

He just happened to switch to looping underhands as he circled to where it would hit him in the nuts?

Come on man. Even every other pens fan embarassingly admit he was going for the nuts. Its not like it is the only time. I.E His spearing Moore in the nuts intentionally.

I remember when Valabik was signed to the pens shortly after. Every Pens fan was wondering how awkward Crosby was going to be when welcoming him to the team after the sack shot.

People out of control swing at anything and everything they can reach. Doesnt minimize responsibility. just dont believe his brain was putting 2+2 at that time. I've seen or been in a lot of brawls in my line of work, and people out of control do that. It is what it is. Not a shining mark on Crosby's history regardless. But it was a long time ago and irrelevant to what he does now. We see worse every season.

• 2 weeks later...