I Heart Hexy

"Sometimes this day, you make some of the poorest decisions you make, and quite honestly we didn’t have to think it through that hard."

... caution... thought...  maybe Homer's whispering in his ear to remember the mistakes he made, but either way, I'm glad someone's got a cool head.  I feel like Homer would be 7 million over the cap with 39 year old D men on 19 year contracts by now.

Also... ironically this measured calm collected thoughtful Hextall seems to be the opposite of the player we all know.

"Sometimes this day, you make some of the poorest decisions you make, and quite honestly we didn’t have to think it through that hard."

... caution... thought...  maybe Homer's whispering in his ear to remember the mistakes he made, but either way, I'm glad someone's got a cool head.  I feel like Homer would be 7 million over the cap with 39 year old D men on 19 year contracts by now.

Also... ironically this measured calm collected thoughtful Hextall seems to be the opposite of the player we all know.

I was joking a lot yesterday in the shout box but man it is nice knowing a GM is not going to fall for another stupid contract.   There were some really abd deals out there yesterday.  I still think the Orpik deal was horrendous...

I'm not thinking that yet.  I'm thinking the parents just came home after a weekend away to find the disaster after a teenage kegger and they're being realistic about cleaning up the mess.

If there's a plan, i think at this point it's "mop up all all the mess and let's see where we are"

Kind of makes you think there may actually be some sort of, dare I say...plan?

Worse than when the Devils signed Kovalchuk to that 17-year, $102 million contract?

That was wretched for an entirely different set of reasons! Realistically you have to figure they wanted to pay him $10mil a year for 10 years, and they needed a gate draw. At least the Devils got out of that when the lazy puke went back home. Agreed I thought it was a horrible signing and was glad the Devils got stuck with the deal and lost a draft pick. I wish his salary was still chewing up their cap but oh well....

But Orpik....god I just can't see that figure for 5 years taking him up until he's 39. I just see that as (at the time of the signings) as worse overpayment vs potential return

@murraycraven

Orpiks takes the cake for worst deal of the offseason....so far.

I think Niskanen will prove to be a worse signing. His production was vastly over-valued.  

Like the guys on NHL Network were saying the other night, playing with Crosby, Malkin, and the rest of those guys, he could just throw the puck near the net and would be guaranteed to pick up points every other night.

I bet his scoring drops by half now.