COMBINED: "Whither or Not Vinny"

For a 3 million cap hit, you might as well play the guy at 4.5 million.  Doesn't make any sense.

Homer needs to really be punished for this.  Seriously.

2014-15: $1,500,000
2015-16: $3,000,000
2016-17: $3,000,000
2017-18: $2,500,000
2018-19: $1,000,000
2019-20: $1,000,000
2020-21: $1,000,000
2021-22: $1,000,000

Obviously, things can change, but for Vinny, at 34 years old, why go somewhere you don't want to go? Unless that becomes a better option that being somewhere you're not wanted, like Hartnell

Why go some place you don't want to go when you are a multi-millionaire? I can't remember the last time I had so much disdain for a player (maybe Primeau). I have some italian friends in south philly.......hmmmmm

Why go some place you don't want to go when you are a multi-millionaire? I can't remember the last time I had so much disdain for a player (maybe Primeau). I have some italian friends in south philly.......hmmmmm

Well, it's not really Vinny's fault. Every single one of us would have signed that contract. Vinny is not the one who's trying to change the rules all of a sudden. The Flyers, as they so often do, make a huge commitment to a player and then pull a 180 faster than Giroux can grab a cop's buttocks.

Now that's fast!

• Like 1

Exactly jammer. It would actually be for the next 8 years though.

Vincent Lecavalier buyout from CapGeek.com

2014-15: $1,500,000
2015-16: $3,000,000
2016-17: $3,000,000
2017-18: $2,500,000
2018-19: $1,000,000
2019-20: $1,000,000
2020-21: $1,000,000
2021-22: $1,000,000

Wow...had no idea.   Hope he goes to Senators, Predators or SOMEWHERE else

Wow...had no idea.   Hope he goes to Senators, Predators or SOMEWHERE else

As @aziz says, though, the buyout period for the upcoming season is over. So we would have to wait until after the upcoming season, when he'd have 3 years left (so a 6 year payout).

Found this from Meltzer this morning:

The Flyers appear to be in a holding pattern in their efforts to trade Vincent Lecavalier for salary cap relief, which also hampers their ability to sign any of the remaining free agents in whom they are still interested. It sounds as if potential trade partners not only want the Flyers to pick up half of Lecavalier's remaining salary over the next four seasons, they also want either a draft pick asset or for Philly to take an unwanted salary back in the deal. The Flyers are currently $3.06 million over the salary cap ceiling for 2014-15.

Ok I retract a previous statement that I made earlier. This is by far the dumbest $hit I have read this summer.

Schenn is 22 and has far more value than that dinosaur VLC. I think VLC will be gone before opening day. Trading youth now would be a major step backwards.

Edited by Bertmega

Ok I retract a previous statement that I made earlier. This is by far the dumbest $hit I have read this summer.

Schenn is 22 and has far more value than that dinosaur VLC. I think VLC will be gone before opening day. Trading youth now would be a major step backwards.

What if the LW was also 22?

• Like 2

@aziz I see what you did there. Perhaps Kane? I'd be ok with that if that were the case.

@Mario99 I think I now see your line of thinking, so after all your proposition is not dumb at all. I mistook it as getting an over the hill LW'er and shopping Schenn just for the sake of getting cap compliant.

Cheers

Edited by Bertmega

The more and more I look at it, I think the Flyers are stuck with VLC. The Kane aspect is interesting, but a butt ton of space would need to be cleared. Maybe Umberger and Schenn for Kane and a 2nd. However that still leaves a gaping hole on wing......I am glad I am not thw Flyers GM because this is a giant crap sandwich that Holmgren left Hextall.

Oh well I give up. Happy 4th of July, it's drinky time.

Edited by Bertmega

Honestly, if nothing changes, it's not that bad. It's basically the same team as last year. Move Schenn to the top line, VLC as 2nd line center, and you're done.

Not ideal, but whatever. 

Who would have ever guessed that this contract would turn out so poorly? :ph34r:

insomnia.gif

Maybe the Flyers really don't WANT to trade Vinny and haven't received an offer that justifies trading him?  

He does have value and he plays well in front of the net, better than Hartnell imo.    I don't see what is wrong with keeping the guy, he surely wasn't horrible last season especially when he was healthy.

Agreed

Play Vinny on the 4th line. Shame him into retirement if need be. Or shame him into being the best 4th line c in the world.

Either way, someone will most likely want him at deadline time.

He'll we managed to move mezaros at the deadline last year. People are even crazier then!

umm no and this is why you are a habs fan and not flyers fan

• Like 1

Was just curious why Toronto is never mentioned. According to Capgeek they have plenty of cap space and they desperately need a center. But yet the only teams I heard mentioned were Nash, Fla, and Ott. Is it maybe cuz Vinny won't go there so Hextall didn't even make the phone call for that reason?

Edited by mng815

Nash, Fla, and Ott. Is it maybe cuz Vinny won't go there so Hextall didn't even make the phone call for that reason?

Vinny has a list of teams he will go to. 

I just wonder if Hextall mutters eff you to Homer when they pass each other in the hallways.