Richards puts Hawks over the cap

ihabs1993

With the signing of recently bought-out veteran forward, Brad Richards, to a one year, $2 Mil contract, the Blackhawks are now $2.2 Mil over the salary cap. This, coming from CapGeek, leads one to believe that even before the signing of Richards, the Hawks were over the cap (very simple math, I am aware). This has led many to speculate that a hawk may be on the move to free up salary. Who is it? Where do they go?

Speculation has gathered that Oduya and Sharp are the potential targets to be moved before the start of the season, but that has never gotten anyone anywhere.

What say you?

Ian

ihabs1993

@ihabs1993  If the Hawks were to restructure their core, I think Hossa could be worth a lot. It could help the Hawks load up for the nice looking 2015 draft, and still get a roster player in return. Gives them more flexibility cap wise also. They would miss his grit, but he's one of the guys who could bring a nice return.

@ihabs1993  If the Hawks were to restructure their core, I think Hossa could be worth a lot. It could help the Hawks load up for the nice looking 2015 draft, and still get a roster player in return. Gives them more flexibility cap wise also. They would miss his grit, but he's one of the guys who could bring a nice return.

Hossa on the trade market? Again? I love it. He would fetch a huge return. Trades like that don't happen every day. Will be interesting

Speculation has gathered that Oduya and Sharp are the potential targets to be moved before the start of the season, but that has never gotten anyone anywhere.

Sharp had a horrific playoff, but in the regular season he was your leading scorer. Sure, Kane and Toews elevate him, but still, he is your leading scorer. 

I could see Oduya going because he is replaceable and a UFA after this season. 

Having Hossa and Sharp to go with Towes and Kane is part of what makes the Hawks offense so special. They should do everything to keep this in place. Even when Hossa is not scoring, he plays such a wonderful 2 way complete game....plus he adds a true grit to the roster, the Euro that does not play like a Euro. I'd explore Oduya before touching the top 6. There are very few teams that bring 2 solid checking lines, so that is where the Hawks scoring depth comes from....no matter how they intermingle the top 6, at least one threesome will be playing against a non elite checking line.....a natural mismatch, the kinda stuff coaches love.

• 2 months later...

Archived