giroux for weber

Hey, butt out!

It was the best I could do in a PINCH.

Ok, you two need to knock it off, otherwise punishments will arise that will en-TAIL you two to END up banned for har-ASS-ing each other, and HF will be miffed two of his best posters would stoop to such BOTTOM feeding humor just to get BACK at each other.......... :ph34r:

No thank you... Is this all were going to see now....9 million trade Giroux scenerios for one stupid night he had that people will forget about by the start of the season. No way we trade our center piece the whole team is butt around errrr I mean built around.

On a side not though Giroux will never be able to do the ol "slap in the ass good game guy" to his teamates ever again wtf?? Thats like part of all sports from the beginning time :(

All seriousness though this to shall pass in time Giroux no worries bud, just do fck up again okay please?

No way to that trade.

Edited by Philly29
  • Like 1

Ok, you two need to knock it off, otherwise punishments will arise that will en-TAIL you two to END up banned for har-ASS-ing each other, and HF will be miffed two of his best posters would stoop to such BOTTOM feeding humor just to get BACK at each other.......... :ph34r:

In the words of Giroux...

I couldn't help myself. And I'm sorry.

In the words of Giroux...

I couldn't help myself. And I'm sorry.

Yes, well, I think Claude has learned his lesson....

Copping a feel is one thing......

Feeling a cop?

Well, now, that is something else entirely and it will get you the front page for the wrong reasons, make it necessary to issue an apology to the team, and generate dozens upon dozens of threads on forums the inter-web wide about your antics.

In short, he won't ever hear the.........end of it....

Not so far fetched now

Actually not that far off. Strait up, I would have to pause and think about it. 

I don't like the years on the the weaber contract. Thats what makes me pause. If it was 3 years shorter, I probably would make that move. 

The Flyers will not want that deal, either.

Yes they would. They already attempted it. And Hextalls moto is defense first (which I agree with). You get the primeire defensemen for premeire forward. I would do it, but I just don't like the years on the contract. 

Super far fetched. Nashville doesn't take that deal.

why not>?? They are changing their philosophy from defense oriented to offence oriented (trotz to laviolette). Peter has coached Giroux. I think its a wash and it would make sense for both teams. 

Actually thanks to Holmgrown the Flyers can't afford it either.

Incorrect. The flyers would save money. While I bash homer and his financial management, this trade would have zero ramifications of homers management. In fact, the flyers would save money. 

Let's face it, the broad street bullies will not want this stigma. Especially from the captain, no less.

what stigma?? you trade a captain for a captain. there is not any stigma in that. One of the best offensive player for one of the best defensive player. I truthfully would do it. 

@Vanflyer

I was incorrect in thinking Weber's cap hit was higher. The big numbers were his bonuses. It's still not happening. Weber is their cornerstone. They just gave him $24 million in bonuses BECAUSE of the Flyers right? And Giroux is a great talent, but Weber is more vital to the Preds than Giroux would be. Both as a player and as a marketing point.

Add this one to the never ending we want Weber bullsharts...

It seems to me that the captain should be held to higher standards and I don't think mgmt will accept this. So why not get the coveted defenseman?

I liked your initial thought, but now that I see you are throwing g. under the bus, I think you are just a flamer. I could care less what he does in the summer time. As long as he shows up to camp in shape / fit. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

Its canada day, he is drunk and probably got a dare from his buddies. All it means is he is human. He was living life and having some fun. Who cares. Nothing to see here. 

I was incorrect in thinking Weber's cap hit was higher. The big numbers were his bonuses. It's still not happening. Weber is their cornerstone. They just gave him $24 million in bonuses BECAUSE of the Flyers right? And Giroux is a great talent, but Weber is more vital to the Preds than Giroux would be. Both as a player and as a marketing point.

yes to all of the above. Particularly the flyers drove the price up with the offer sheet. It would be bittersweet to see that deal, but not unfathomable. If said deal was to go down, both teams win- just change their dynamics. 

yes to all of the above. Particularly the flyers drove the price up with the offer sheet. It would be bittersweet to see that deal, but not unfathomable. If said deal was to go down, both teams win- just change their dynamics. 

I disagree.  I think the Flyers win that trade.  Again Giroux is a great player, but Weber is a rare breed of defenseman, and much harder to come by with a much bigger role on his team.  I know it's purely subjective, but if I'm Nashville it takes more than Giroux straight up.  

Yes, well, I think Claude has learned his lesson....

Copping a feel is one thing......

Feeling a cop?

Well, now, that is something else entirely and it will get you the front page for the wrong reasons, make it necessary to issue an apology to the team, and generate dozens upon dozens of threads on forums the inter-web wide about your antics.

In short, he won't ever hear the.........end of it....

Speaking of 'the end of it".. look what i made...  

post-649-0-18044400-1404468405_thumb.jpg

I disagree.  I think the Flyers win that trade.  Again Giroux is a great player, but Weber is a rare breed of defenseman, and much harder to come by with a much bigger role on his team.  I know it's purely subjective, but if I'm Nashville it takes more than Giroux straight up.  

You and I are on the same page again. How about G + a 2nd for weaber? I still think the years are too long, but I as an arm chair GM, I will bite that bullet. 

did you make one like that for Crosby and Malkin?? hmmmmm

Was it likely some kind of joke gone wrong? Yeah, probably. But, this is big money with big consequences. Big money means big responsibility, just like the ordinary person. I think he's a he'll of a player but I'm afraid he burned his last bridge. It seems to me that the captain should be held to higher standards and I don't think mgmt will accept this. So why not get the coveted defenseman?

Don't cry over spilled milk - even if it leaves a dairy air about it.

Burned his last bridge? He hasn't burned his first bridge yet. Did he hurt anyone? Were charges laid? He made a stupid mistake most people have done in similiar fashion when they're in their 20s. I can see way worse every Saturday night downtown.

Think Chicago wishes they got rid of Kane after a lot worse than this, and even more drunken embarrassments?

• Like 1

@Vanflyer

I dunno what Nashville would take for him to be honest.  They sort of sold their entire fan base on the "We're not giving up our number one guy for anything" when they spent the money.  

As for making doors...  All of the butt end jokes got me to thinking in the middle of the night, and work was kinda slow....  

@Vanflyer

Giroux just came 3rd in Hart voting. I think his value is equal. Giroux isn't our cornerstone? 

I'm not saying it should or would happen (and him being drunk has zero effect on it) but Claude Giroux is every bit as valuable as Shea Weber, and vice versa. The one way i could see more value in Weber is great defencemen are harder to come by. Unless you're Nashville, then it's great forwards.

Giroux just came 3rd in Hart voting. I think his value is equal. Giroux isn't our cornerstone? 

I'm not saying it should or would happen (and him being drunk has zero effect on it) but Claude Giroux is every bit as valuable as Shea Weber, and vice versa. 

I disagree.  For several reasons.  Weber was the only real star talent on the team last year.  The franchise based their promise to their fans on signing him to ludicrous cash defending against Holmgren's power play for Weber.  They really put him as the cornerstone of all they're trying to do on the ice and in marketing.  They tout him as the mentor for Jones.  And you and I both know how hard it is to find a defenseman who can actually play the position of defense AND be such an offensive threat.  He's got everything you want in a defenseman.  And they're just harder to come by than star forwards.  Not knocking Giroux's talent, but you can buy free agent forwards that can compliment any line up front.  Defensemen are a tougher find and tend to be exposed more on their own.  

On top of all that, Poile could probably have his choice in all but a few of the top forwards in the league in exchange for Weber.  Trading him to the team that forced you to pay him so much in the first place would be against most of our natures, business or not.  Spite has to factor in at some level as well.  It's not THE factor, but it counts.  

@Polaris922

Haha, I'd already edited my post regarding defencemens worth (and Nashvilles eternal lack of an elite forward). For a guy who used to argue Letang vs Weber you've really come around when it's Giroux vs Weber. (and there's no way in hell I'd trade Giroux for Letang)

If a gm thinks something would help his team win and spite prevents him from doing it, he should be fired. And in spite of several offer sheets by many different teams over the years, there's still not a single gm who's acted out of spite. Not one.