Sens GM Bryan Murray diagnosed with Cancer

jammer2

What a sad day, seems like a very nice man. Tough to listen to one of his press conferences, but a nice man nonetheless. He was coach of two different teams that went to the final, the Sens and the Panthers. Think he might have been a bit better coach than his current GM position, but he's in a tough spot with Ottawa. Hope the chemo goes well for him.....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456632

Classy guy, hoping for the best for him. Agreed about the press conference thing, lol. His version of facts such as when Spezza and Alfie left the organization sometimes seems to be completely at odds with the rest of the world. Nonetheless wishing him and his family the faith needed to get through this....

Cancer sucks. Just found out last week my brother in law has it. Was walking around healthy as a horse then one day gets a nose bleed that won't stop. Goes in to the hospital: cancer throughout his bones. Started in his prostate though. May not last the month. Sad. Great guy, would give you the shirt off his back.

I went the next day and booked a prostate exam/test. I suggest anyone over 40 do the same.  

Cancer sucks. Just found out last week my brother in law has it. Was walking around healthy as a horse then one day gets a nose bleed that won't stop. Goes in to the hospital: cancer throughout his bones. Started in his prostate though. May not last the month. Sad. Great guy, would give you the shirt off his back.

I went the next day and booked a prostate exam/test. I suggest anyone over 40 do the same.  

Over 32 is what they suggest, and get it once a year.

My grandfather passed away from prostate cancer going uncaught. It is the easiest cancer to have treated, removed and cured as long as you catch it. The problem is, a lot of people just don't want the prostate exam. Which, yeah, and not fun, but only takes a second and could save your life.

• Like 1

@J0e Th0rnton

Huh. In Canada, the guideline is 50 for the PSA! At least that's what my doctor told me. I was shocked and said I wanted it anyway. I notice that Prostate Cancer Canada recommends 35 and up. Big difference that.

What a HUGE difference!!  A crying shame, but perhaps the Canadian Federal Gov't is trying to save money by playing with the recommended testing time frame. Don't see how it would do anything but cost the country money, once the cancer is detected, the hospital stays etc far outweigh the cost of dealing with early ie removal.

So very sorry to hear about your brother in-law, sounds like a very nice man. Will keep your sister in my prayers also....gotta be just a horrific nightmare of a time for her right now.