New third jerseys

Me likey

I liked the Winter Classic sweaters too...

I really liked the Keystones as backgrounds for the C and A's

the cream and burnt orange looked great together.

For me that look was / is a total winner.

fwiw I think the Flyers really got the "retro" thing right when they tweaked the look during the Richards era, the name plates , the white on white leadership letters. The flying P still stands out among all the other logos, it is pretty timeless.

all this to say there isn't a whole lot to that needs changing imo.

• Like 2

@Irishjim

No offense to San Jose, but teal is unacceptable.....combined with freakin' orange with that hideous sleeve/shoulder logo, that would have been cause for a fan revolt

@ImpendingDOOM39

No bad, keeping things pretty much the same just working the black and orange around a bit. This I could deal with

• Like 1

Orange, black and teal? The Flyers almost had these awful third jerseys

By Travis Hughes  @TravisSBN on Jul 14 2014, 11:05a 

0712-phi970-loh-jerseys.jpg

full article here  -----> http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2014/7/14/5898041/flyers-third-jersey-alternate-teal-1990s

OMG..I was just gonna post a new thread about this. They are putrid!  I absolutely hate it!  Thank god they decided against it. 

while i agree that a third jersey is nothing more than a sales gimmick i would like to see them ditch this poor excuse of the 70's retro jersey...go back to the lindros era jerseys. but if your gonna go with a gimmick this is an interesting look Flyers_zpsdedc9d3a.png

now this one has some modern potential to it....throw a bit more burnt orange in there...I could possibly seeing it work.  Get rid of the stripes. like someone mentioned above..has a bit of the Pens look.  godforbid we copy something from them

Me likey

yeah this one I really like. I would take this one over the one listed above

How bout something like this...

LOL...well played! Classic......lol

@Irishjim

No offense to San Jose, but teal is unacceptable.....combined with freakin' orange with that hideous sleeve/shoulder logo, that would have been cause for a fan revolt

@ImpendingDOOM39

No bad, keeping things pretty much the same just working the black and orange around a bit. This I could deal with

don't forget this disaster by the Isles.....

786edd0ef7e2a5e6.jpg

Flyers_zpsdedc9d3a.png

This is a sharp look.

:thumbsu:

not arguing the sharp look...add a bit more burnt orange.  not sure about the stripes....here is the pens jersey's as a reference.

9596lemieuxaltf.jpg

PS ... I do get the stripes as an extension off the current Flyers logo though.... hmm with a few tweaks here and there...ultimately I think it could work.

@pilldoc

I have an Isles fan buddy, he actually had one of those god awful abominations...until one of us dies I will be busting his chops about the Fishboy unis

My boss is an Islanders fan, I remind him at least every 6 months about those horrid looking things....it will never get old!!

I really like those, the burnt orange is a very nice touch!! 

Repeat after me:  Gradient Colors are the mark of bad design, gradient colors are the mark of bad design.

those unis suck.

I realize this is a completely subjective exercise, however.  if the designer can't make it work using solid lines and colors.... they need to try something else.

the gradated white stripes are a non starter for me as well as the burnt orange gradating into black... yuck.

• Like 1