New third jerseys

Jammer, at one point I sketched a cool little alternate logo taking inspiration from the "Flyers" name, and used a side view of a plane much like your Spitfires logo, but crossed with the familiar "Flying P".

let's see  it !

Jammer, at one point I sketched a cool little alternate logo taking inspiration from the "Flyers" name, and used a side view of a plane much like your Spitfires logo, but crossed with the familiar "Flying P".

Jinky's Scooby Doo.....Spits AND Flyer combo.....post that **** up!!!

Horrible pic guys, don't have my sketch but i can do a new one, but just to illustrate my idea a bit...

Hey, you could be on to something there, maybe a bit more snarl on the plane, and maybe a very nice bright orange outline of the logo/plane, to make it stand out more. Your whole concept is just very cool.

• Like 1

Truthfully, (not directed at you jammer), I could give a rats arse. I thinking is an effing corporate ploy to make more money and I effing hate. 

There is only one instance I see a "third jersey" appropriate and its on limited production supply / demand: The winter classic. So, the jerseys <insert team> wear for those games should be regarded as a "limited edition" third jersey. For all the other teams, TWO jerseys: home and away. Its hard enough going to a game let alone having to shell out another $150 for a "gimmick" jersey. 

I so completely agree with this.   I truly think it's asinine.

while i agree that a third jersey is nothing more than a sales gimmick i would like to see them ditch this poor excuse of the 70's retro jersey...go back to the lindros era jerseys. but if your gonna go with a gimmick this is an interesting look Flyers_zpsdedc9d3a.png

I prefer the 70s retro to the Lindros era, personally.  Wasn't a huge fan of the Lindros era jerseys.

Hey, you could be on to something there, maybe a bit more snarl on the plane, and maybe a very nice bright orange outline of the logo/plane, to make it stand out more. Your whole concept is just very cool.

Why?  What's with the plane?  Because of "Flyers?" 

I really don't think the plane has anything to do with Philly.  I'm sorry--I know a bit of work went into it--but it's a complete misfire for me.  I'd really rather some predatory bird than a plane to illustrate Flyers.

Then again, I'd rather just leave the logo alone altogether.  If you really must have a third jersey (money grab) do it without a logo altogether and just have "PHILLY" diagonal from top left to bottom right of the front.

Why?  What's with the plane?  Because of "Flyers?" 

I really don't think the plane has anything to do with Philly.  I'm sorry--I know a bit of work went into it--but it's a complete misfire for me.  I'd really rather some predatory bird than a plane to illustrate Flyers.

Then again, I'd rather just leave the logo alone altogether.  If you really must have a third jersey (money grab) do it without a logo altogether and just have "PHILLY" diagonal from top left to bottom right of the front.

Hmmm, could have swore I responded to you, but it's gone....oh well. Yeah, that was just me being stupid. I went all ga ga over a Spitfire/Flyers combo thingy....lol. I agree, the Flyers should not be doing planes cause of the "FLY"ers part of it...it is dumb...but I did like his design. It would look decent if some bright orange was added around the edge.

• 3 weeks later...

I so completely agree with this.   I truly think it's asinine.

been awhile since I have been here, and while I stand by the essence of my thoughts, boy I was hammered when I wrote that. 

Thanks for agreeing. I still think is just ludicrous.