New third jerseys

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2014/7/8/5882199/flyers-third-jersey-alternate-2014-2015

Flyers will be getting new third jerseys this year. I know it's not really important in the grand scheme of things but it's been kind of a slow offseason and this gives us a little something to look forward to.

What would you like to see the flyers third look like? I personally miss the old jerseys from the Lindros era.

@NastyNate  I would love to see something outside the box here. Perhaps even a jersey without the logo. I've seen some artist renderings of a cracked Liberty Bell, thought that was kinda neat. Maybe a lighter version of orange with black borders.....something like that would very cool.

Flyers will be getting new third jerseys this year. I know it's not really important in the grand scheme of things but it's been kind of a slow offseason and this gives us a little something to look forward to.

What would you like to see the flyers third look like? I personally miss the old jerseys from the Lindros era.

Truthfully, (not directed at you jammer), I could give a rats arse. I thinking is an effing corporate ploy to make more money and I effing hate. 

There is only one instance I see a "third jersey" appropriate and its on limited production supply / demand: The winter classic. So, the jerseys <insert team> wear for those games should be regarded as a "limited edition" third jersey. For all the other teams, TWO jerseys: home and away. Its hard enough going to a game let alone having to shell out another $150 for a "gimmick" jersey. 

• Like 2

I want the Sharks to get an alternate jersey with Goldfish or guppies on it.

Force them to wear it in shame for the first 10 games of the next season every time they blow it in the playoffs(So pretty much, every year)

With the goldfish / guppies eating the shark or vice versa?? The former would be quite comical / satirical. 

Edited by Vanflyer

maybe....Black jerseys with Philadelphia written on them in orange and white lettering

How about black jerseys with a picture of bettemen with a red cross out circle and on the back instead of players names "just say no". 

It would be great for play by play. 

• Like 1

@NastyNate  I would love to see something outside the box here. Perhaps even a jersey without the logo. I've seen some artist renderings of a cracked Liberty Bell, thought that was kinda neat. Maybe a lighter version of orange with black borders.....something like that would very cool.

I'm down with something different as well but I can't picture anything other than the flyers crest on it. I'd even be happy of it was the winter classic jersey. That was a beautiful sweater in my opinion.

I like the logo just the way it is.

me too. I will reiterate: why the eff does any team need a THIRD jersey??? Change the home and away all you want and will all bitch and moan about this and that on the changes. But why a third jersey? Its a effing money grab and nothing more. 

@doom88 sorry not directed at you. Just who gives a eff about a third jersey?? 

• Like 1

I'd like to see something like the current sweaters but with black on the sleeves where it's white now.

I like the cup year sleeves too. Half and half rather than the Hextall to Lindros era swoop sleeves.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2014/7/8/5882199/flyers-third-jersey-alternate-2014-2015

Having said that,I'd buy a solid orange one with a black killer sheep on it.

I am confused. Would you put it on your black killer sheep or is your killer sheep orange and you want to put a black jersey on it in hopes he can still be killer?? 

while i agree that a third jersey is nothing more than a sales gimmick i would like to see them ditch this poor excuse of the 70's retro jersey...go back to the lindros era jerseys. but if your gonna go with a gimmick this is an interesting look Flyers_zpsdedc9d3a.png

• Like 2

I've never bought a third jersey once. So I can just enjoy the occasional variation. I'm fine with it personally.

me too. I will reiterate: why the eff does any team need a THIRD jersey??? Change the home and away all you want and will all bitch and moan about this and that on the changes. But why a third jersey? Its a effing money grab and nothing more.

@doom88 sorry not directed at you. Just who gives a eff about a third jersey??

while i agree that a third jersey is nothing more than a sales gimmick i would like to see them ditch this poor excuse of the 70's retro jersey...go back to the lindros era jerseys. but if your gonna go with a gimmick this is an interesting look Flyers_zpsdedc9d3a.png

for me , a red flag for bad design is gradient colors.

I do like the large horizontal stripe treatment.

Overall this look smacks of the awful "emperor Penguin" jerseys Pgh wore in the Lemueix era.

no thanks.