Schneider signs long-term extension

MadDevil

Thought I'd bump this thread considering Cory is currently at a 2.19 GAA, and .927 SV%.

He had a rough October, but his stats have gotten better every month of the season so far. The numbers he's put up in the new year are just ridiculous. 

In 20 games played in 2015 he's 11-5-2 with a 1.69 GAA, .944 SV%, with 2 shutouts.

He could finish top 5 in GAA, SV%, and SO on a team that will likely be picking just outside the top 5 at the draft.

Lou, get this man some help!

Another thing, @MadDevil , on a winning team, Schneider with that GAA and Save % could be in the conversation for a Vezina, no?

I know, I know...whether his team is making the playoffs or not SHOULDN'T be a consideration, just the goalie himself, but life in the NHL is unfair that way....look at Norris winners....less actual defensemen and more 4th forwards.

Anyways, I haven't looked at all the goalie numbers before posting here, so not sure yet how far off Schneider should be for Vezina consideration, but if there was ever something to showcase just how important a player is, look no further than Cory Schneider, who on a bad Devils team, has still managed to put up the numbers he has....and did them with the astronomical number of minutes he has played.

Thought I'd bump this thread considering Cory is currently at a 2.19 GAA, and .927 SV%.

He had a rough October, but his stats have gotten better every month of the season so far. The numbers he's put up in the new year are just ridiculous. 

In 20 games played in 2015 he's 11-5-2 with a 1.69 GAA, .944 SV%, with 2 shutouts.

He could finish top 5 in GAA, SV%, and SO on a team that will likely be picking just outside the top 5 at the draft.

Lou, get this man some help!

Schneider is a one man team in NJD...Its ridiculous, without Schneider i wouldnt want to know where NJD would be right now...If anyone has carried their team without any star players at all its him. Pekka Rinne has Shea weber, Forsberg, Ribiero. Price has Subban and Pacioretty. Meanwhile, Schneider has Larsson and severson, two players which are still developing and .... This guy should be atleast top 5 in hart voting.

Archived