*Chuckle* Hannan resigns in San jose Rebuild

Just a wretched summer for both of our clubs capped off with the return of Hannan and Cleary. I think the Wings got the worst of the deal but God both are bad at this point......

The sharks have a solid core of players, but did nothing to really improve

I agree about the Sharks, I was not saying they were bad, I was saying that Hannan and Cleary are.

Oh I know lol.

It is beyond frustrating to know you have a team right on the cusp and the GM decides to do nothing in terms of addition to make the team better and talk about rebuilding. They gave Stalock that contract extension, and Wingels and Sheppard and I agree with all of those moves. I am even okay with the Brown signing and was happy as a clam they dumped Stuart. But Scott? not buying out Burish or Kennedy?

When getting rid of Stuart is the best move you make in the summer.....

We have freaking 15 forwards signed now. And Wilson was going on and on about not signing anyone who would take a roster spot from the youth he wanted to develop. but resigns Brown, who is not young, and Scott, who is muscle, nothing more. So 2 guys who contribute nothing except being fighters will be taking the youth roster spots?

Resigning Hannan is resigning a 38 year old who will take a roster spot from a young defenseman.

GRRRRRRRRR

Wilson does not even know what he is doing.

@yave1964  Any truth to the rumor that Cleary's new nickname is KOK.....as in...."knee on knee"....ha ha...I don't see any way this deal can work out for the Wings. Much like the Flyers, the Wings are loyal to a fault. What a total waste of a mill in cap space. If they come up a mill short on trading for a significant defense upgrade....Holland should be shot for this...what a stinky move.

• Like 1

There there buddy.

If it makes you feel better, the Leafs are in the exact same boat.

Except without the "solid core of players" part.

The other day, my leaf friend was bashing my Chicago hawks friend over the Kane/Toews contracts, and about the Sharks not trading Thornton/Marleau. Telling him how screwed they were and how sucky the Sharks were, and overall just insulting the Hawks and Sharks.

This is a guy that constantly bashes is own team, particularly Phaneuf and the fact that they have no number 1 center for Kessel.

My hawks friend simply stated "Would you rather have Toews/Kane for 21 million? Or Kessel/Phaneuf/Clarkson for 20.3 million?". Kinda made him sputter. I of course mentioned that Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski/Couture only cost 26 million and all are number 1 center caliber.

He got grumpy :P

The other day, my leaf friend was bashing my Chicago hawks friend over the Kane/Toews contracts, and about the Sharks not trading Thornton/Marleau. Telling him how screwed they were and how sucky the Sharks were, and overall just insulting the Hawks and Sharks.

This is a guy that constantly bashes is own team, particularly Phaneuf and the fact that they have no number 1 center for Kessel.

My hawks friend simply stated "Would you rather have Toews/Kane for 21 million? Or Kessel/Phaneuf/Clarkson for 20.3 million?". Kinda made him sputter. I of course mentioned that Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski/Couture only cost 26 million and all are number 1 center caliber.

He got grumpy :P

Exactly.

See? There's always a "could be worse" scenario.

Unless you are, in fact, the Leafs. We have continuously degrading mental stability to look forward to. And that's just the bright side!

:(

...although, to be fair, those Kane/Toews contracts are still pretty nutso. :P

More on topic, though, I seriously doubt Hannan will block any of the young guys. No offense, Scott.....

Exactly.

See? There's always a "could be worse" scenario.

Unless you are, in fact, the Leafs. We have continuously degrading mental stability to look forward to. And that's just the bright side!

:(

...although, to be fair, those Kane/Toews contracts are still pretty nutso. :P

More on topic, though, I seriously doubt Hannan will block any of the young guys. No offense, Scott.....

I dunno. Edmonton seems a worse situation than Toronto. So does Winnipeg haha

I still think Toronto should never have turned down Bowman's offer to become president.

I dunno. Edmonton seems a worse situation than Toronto. So does Winnipeg haha

I still think Toronto should never have turned down Bowman's offer to become president.

I agree with you re: Bowman.

As does everybody who ever liked the Leafs. Oh, except the people in charge...although whether or not they actually like the Leafs is up in the air.

Edmonton, maybe, but one has to think they'll put all their talent together eventually...won't they?

Winnipeg with decent goaltending is probably a playoff team. Well, stastically it looks like they would have been this past season, at any rate.

The Leafs..well, who friggin' knows? They could be a playoff team or they could be bottom 5 and I wouldn't be surprised, to be perfectly honest with you.

Anydangwho, regarding the Sharks...do they really need a "rebuild"? I mean Pavelski and Vlasic aren't old, Couture and Hertl are fantastic, Braun and Stalock look awesome....if they do go rebuild, I don't think they'll be at it very long.

But it does seem like time to consider passing the torch from Big Joe and Patty M to the next generation.

Edited by Commander Clueless

I agree with you re: Bowman.

As does everybody who ever liked the Leafs. Oh, except the people in charge...although whether or not they actually like the Leafs is up in the air.

Edmonton, maybe, but one has to think they'll put all their talent together eventually...won't they?

Winnipeg with decent goaltending is probably a playoff team. Well, stastically it looks like they would have been this past season, at any rate.

The Leafs..well, who friggin' knows? They could be a playoff team or they could be bottom 5 and I wouldn't be surprised, to be perfectly honest with you.

Anydangwho, regarding the Sharks...do they really need a "rebuild"? I mean Pavelski and Vlasic aren't old, Couture and Hertl are fantastic, Braun and Stalock look awesome....if they do go rebuild, I don't think they'll be at it very long.

But it does seem like time to consider passing the torch from Big Joe and Patty M to the next generation.

Oh I am all for that. The biggest problem I see is that when Thornton is on the ice, the others treat it like a safety net.

It seems like the biggest goal of Marleau, or Pavelski or anyone else on the PP is to get Thornton the puck and then try to re-position for a pass. NOBODY else tries to create offense. Marleau's backpass along the sideboards to Thornton while skating is so choreographed that it fools nobody because he never does anything else. Pavelski seems just as bad. Instead of trying to create, he tries to figure out a way to get Thornton the puck.

And Joe, well, all they do is double cover him to block his passing and shooting lanes so all he can do is pass to Boyle on the point, or Marleau behind the net.