Anyone know of this Kevin Hayes Blackhawks #1 pick still unsigned

Mario99

@brelic

I'm hearing he has 3rd-4th line potential as an NHLer on a good team. As a RW, he's not taking Voraceks place. And I highly doubt he's taking Simmonds place on the 2nd line. And if he refuses to sign with Chicago, I'm guessing he'd refuse to play any other position than what he wants.

Yeah, I don't get the hype for this kid. Everything in his bio screams checking line forward with average skating.

Yeah, I don't get the hype for this kid. Everything in his bio screams checking line forward with average skating.

I think he is more than that, but I agree the hype is a bit much. I chalk that up to slow hockey news in the dog days of summer

From what I've been able to surmise TFG26, CHI's cap issues would prevent KH from maxing out his bonuses and such in his ELC. The amount I've seen quoted is $3.75M.

In short, it's about money. I'm not sure I would want the entitled little prick. It's not like he's a once-in-a-generation talent or anything....

@brelic

I'm hearing he has 3rd-4th line potential as an NHLer on a good team. As a RW, he's not taking Voraceks place. And I highly doubt he's taking Simmonds place on the 2nd line. And if he refuses to sign with Chicago, I'm guessing he'd refuse to play any other position than what he wants.

The bolded seems to make lots of sense, guys.

I asked, because I  had not honestly followed what has been going on with him and Chicago, but yea, those two scenarios make sense.

He may, in time, turn out to be a good player for SOMEONE after all.....then again, he could be a career 3rd or 4th liner as well.

I think a bit of the excitement from the Flyers org and fans is that Hayes plays a position where there is a lack of top end talent prospect wise. He fits a specific need. If you read the latest reports and they are to be believed, the Flyers are out anyways, which may be a good thing.