Bruins sign Bartkowski....1 year 1.25 mill

jammer2

Nothing earth shattering here, but a nice depth signing for the Bruins. I know he was their own RFA, but I can't help thinking how much better Bartkowski is than the Flyers depth signing...ie Schultz. Barts can skate, is fairly young, still has upside, is learning his craft. Seems like Homer and Hexy have one thing in common, they could not add a decent 7th d-man if it hit them in the forehead!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=457193

Some interesting trade scenario's in the comment section. One pipedreamer was suggesting Jurco from the Wings for Johnny Boychuck straight up.....wtf, no way the Wings do that!!

@J0e Th0rnton   Agreed....they absolutely *100*% have to make a trade. Chicc's is a smart GM, but he is in a real bad spot here. The rest of the league *know's* that he has to shed cap space....how is he ever gonna get actual value for anyone traded?  One thing he has in his corner is the players he will probably be trading are quality guys. Even though Marchand is a dick...he is still a pretty valuable addition to most contending teams. A guy who can kick in a minimum of 20 goals, skate like the wind and piss off everyone he comes in contact with.....that is pretty damn valuable in this league. Certainly worth a 1st round pick, which I suspect would be the starting asking price....maybe a 1st and a couple 2nds....sound close?

I suspect Boston will be asking for strictly picks and or prospects, which would make sense given their cap situation.

@J0e Th0rnton   Agreed....they absolutely *100*% have to make a trade. Chicc's is a smart GM, but he is in a real bad spot here. The rest of the league *know's* that he has to shed cap space....how is he ever gonna get actual value for anyone traded?  One thing he has in his corner is the players he will probably be trading are quality guys. Even though Marchand is a dick...he is still a pretty valuable addition to most contending teams. A guy who can kick in a minimum of 20 goals, skate like the wind and piss off everyone he comes in contact with.....that is pretty damn valuable in this league. Certainly worth a 1st round pick, which I suspect would be the starting asking price....maybe a 1st and a couple 2nds....sound close?

I suspect Boston will be asking for strictly picks and or prospects, which would make sense given their cap situation.

Its a shame. I'd take Marchand on the Sharks in a heartbeat. But Wilson flat out said he will not trade any of our good prospects, young players or 1st rounders. I'd take Boychuk on the Sharks just as fast given our need at D.

Goddamn Doug Wilson. This close and a piece or two way, 1 game from sweeping the Cup champs, and he decides to give up on the core. Vlasic going down exposed our defensive depth, and Niemi was never good or going to steal a game for us.

All our RFA's except Demers signed, dumped Havlat and Stuart to save 9 million, Plugged the hole Boyle left by moving Burns back where he belongs(Hell, that even upgrades our defense on the right side). 4 first line centers with Marleau, Thornton, Pavelski, Couture, 2 of whom can convert to wing and score even more. Hertl, Wingels and Nieto coming into their own, giving us more forward depth. Marchand would be perfect....PERFECT to replace Burns on wing.

All we need is a left side defenseman so Vlasic is not all alone over there with rookies and geriatric old men.......We got Hannan resigned, and he is the definition of used goods as a 7th Dman and Irwin is the definitive 6th Dman on a two way contract. Now we are giving 2 spots to kids. Tenneson resigned to a 2 year deal, and the second year is a one way contract, implying he will be staying up with the big boys. Mueller by all accounts, looks like he is not NHL ready yet. I have this feeling Konrad Abeltshauser will impress more than Mueller or Tenneson this season. Even though Wilson seems dead set on Mueller being the next Vlasic.

Boychuk would be PERFECT. Last season, TMac ran each defensive pairing equally. Pretty much gave 20 minutes a night to each Dman. That will not work with the kids in the lineup.

Imagine if we gave the Bruins our 1st Pick and a prospect like Tierney(Who I do not want to give up) for Marchand. For Boychuk, I would not give up more than a single pick for a 1 year rental unless we could guarantee to resign him 3 more years.

But the posibilities....

Hertl/Thornton/Marchand

Marleau/Couture/Nieto

Sheppard/Pavelski/Wingels

Torres/Desjardins/Brown............Or one of the other 3 forwards we have signed. Kennedy, Burish(trade these two please), Scott

On Defense:

Vlasic/Burns

Boychuk/Demers

?????/Braun

????? Being Irwin, Hannan, Abeltshauser, Mueller, Tenneson........Braun can cover for anyone almost as well as Vlasic. Shame his effeciency goes down when played on his off side.

Stalock(He is our #1 this year. Bank on it)

Niemi(May be shipped at the deadline unless Stalock really blows it)

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. We have 10 freaking Million in cap space. USE IT WILSON

Edited by J0e Th0rnton