Stewie on Lindros

King Knut

I was with you in the first paragraph. The second however? I think Lindros deserved to be in a similar category as those two. Not the same, mind you, because he didn't bring the same style of dishonor but he brought dishonor none the less.

Maybe. I'm not going to argue what reputation Lindros had on the ice as a 19-year old rookie in the NHL. I barely remember last week. 

Nonetheless, from the sounds of it, Stewart called more penalties on Lindros (or, rather, didn't give him any benefit of the doubt) specifically because he ripped up the posters (or was it the eff u comment?). That sounds more like a personal bias over professional discretion.

...he brought dishonor none the less.

To echo my good friend @sarsippius comments, but a bit more bluntly: WTF are you talking about? To the game? I don't think he brought any to the game. Flyer fans alone reserve the right to say whether he or his parents brought any to the Flyer organization, but I think you mean the game. 

Explain yourself sir!!

Edited by Podein25

@Polaris922

Dishonor? He was a big dude that steamrolled people, but when I think of the word dishonor I'm thinking dirty, stick play and knee shots and slew foots. I never thought of Lindros as dirty, and certainly not in the same area code as Cooke and freakin Avery. I think you may be viewing Lindros through the same tinted glasses that Flyer fans view Crosby

and @Podein25

He dishonored the game by refusing to play for the franchise that drafted him.  Really?  I have to go through all of this AGAIN?   LOL   As for his hits, he frequently hit other players in the head with his forearms and shoulders.  A result of how tall he was I'm sure, but if everyone else can be held to that standard, so can he.  *shrugs*

@brelic

Maybe I took Stewart's words a bit differently, but it sounded more to me like Stewart didn't care for Lindros already and so Lindros wasn't getting the benefits of the doubt on any calls.  The poster stories and such just made it worse.  In all honesty, I think a lot of players shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt and others should.  When I play the game, I shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt.  I often play with that extra edge and the officials where I play know that.  When they call me for a stick or something, I chuckle and skate to the box, and they laugh about it too.  It's part of the game.  I don't expect the benefit of any doubt.  But when my defensive partner Mike maybe gets on that edge a little, he's a super skilled guy who rarely does any wrong, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt.  Officials know the difference, and so I think they judge intentions as well as results sometimes, and I have no problem with that.  

@Polaris922

I guess we have different tolerances for what we consider "dishonour"

C'mon.  He's from Pittsburgh.  There, it's "dishonour" to not put fries on a salad or a sandwich (fries on anything is never a bad thing, just to clarify).

C'mon. He's from Pittsburgh. There, it's "dishonour" to not put fries on a salad or a sandwich (fries on anything is never a bad thing, just to clarify).

Well, coming as I do from the land of poutine, who am I to judge?

@ruxpin  https://www.google.ca/search?q=poutine&client=firefox-a&hs=vNf&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=34vIU7rkDoaSyATaroKwAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=634

When you take something as unhealthy as french fries, and add copious amounts of cheese curds and gravy...the outcome can only be delectable!!!