POLL: GREATEST MOMENTS IN NASHVILLE PREDATORS HISTORY

yave1964

Greatest moment in Nashville Predator history  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is the greatest moment in Predator history?

• Carrie Underwood traded to Predators. I mean, damn
    • Predators escape first round
    • David Legwand, first player drafted in team history
    • Predators match the offer sheet to retain Weber
    • Predators spank the Redwings 8-0

The club has not exactly sung sweet music since music city has gotten a team in the last run of expansion, playoffs? Sure. Lots of first round exits. Star power? Sure. Veterans such as Paul Kariya and Peter Forsberg coming in as the final piece to get them over the hump. But mediocrity describes this team best. Anyway, here are the best moments in Predators history. 

CARRIE UNDERWOOD TRADED TO PREDATORS

Okay, TECHNICHALLY it was Mike Fisher who brought his brand of hard hitting 2nd or 3rd line centering to the Predators a few years ago and has become a fan favorite, but.........m59Ac17pgB7dFSrAFtuNbgQ.jpgDamn

DAVID LEGWAND, FIRST PICK IN FRANCHISE HISTORY BECOMES FACE OF FRANCHISE

Okay so he is not exactly Wayne Gretzky but Legwand the first pick in the franchise history and #2 overall in 1998-99, Legwand went on to a solid if unspectacular 15 years with the Preds before being dealt to the Wings at the trade deadline.

mUokVImCou7oqkv-_J4MN7A.jpg

PREDATORS FINALLY MAKE SECOND ROUND: TWICE!!

Year after year the Predators led by coach Trotz survived the regular season on a shoestring budget and made the playoffs only to get knocked out in six games in the first round. Finally, in 2010-11 the 6 seed Preds upset the 3 seed Ducks to advance to the second round before bowing out to Vancouver. The following year they were a 4 seed, the highest seed in team history and put the Wings to bed early in a quick 5 game series before falling to the Coyotes. 

2nd round twice, highest point on the mountain in 15 year history of the team.

RIGHT COACH FIRST TIME, BARRY TROTZ 15 YEAR RUN

Dave Poile got it right the first time out of the gate, choosing Barry Trotz, a relatively unknown commodity at the time. Trotz did a marvelous job in his tenure and is highly regarded for doing 'more with less' than most coaches, a team with no budget and a vanilla group of forwards year in and year out who fight hard every night, make the playoffs most years and contest every shift. Simply a great X and O's coach who is well respected throughout the game

I would have liked to have mentioned guys like Rinne or Weber, maybe even Suter but the truth is they haven't won anyting, no individual hardware, Weber and Suter are more famous for their contracts than for their deeds on the ice, though I admit both are incredible d-men that any team would love to have. Suter has moved on the the Wild and it remains to be seen if Rinne and Weber will do anything down the road to earn a nod among the teams greatest moments.

Edited by hf101
added more poll choices

Ill go with "Preds match Flyers offer sheet to Weber"

It was a make or break moment for the franchise. They would have lost all fan support and had to move if they did not match

Agree, Selling enough tickets to keep the Predators in Nashville was a rather memorable moment also.

It was a make or break moment for the franchise. They would have lost all fan support and had to move if they did not match

I thought about that one but so far at best mixed results for the franchise. If he continues to get a monster salary on a team that is usually at or near the bottom of the cap, and they continue to either be first round cannon fodder or miss the playoffs entirely then the Weber deal may look horrible in the long run. This off season, adding some much needed firepower up front the Preds may finally do something. Tough conference though and the odds are against them. So what did they accomplish by retaining Weber? Time will tell.

I laughed at this... well done !

I thought about that one but so far at best mixed results for the franchise. If he continues to get a monster salary on a team that is usually at or near the bottom of the cap, and they continue to either be first round cannon fodder or miss the playoffs entirely then the Weber deal may look horrible in the long run. This off season, adding some much needed firepower up front the Preds may finally do something. Tough conference though and the odds are against them. So what did they accomplish by retaining Weber? Time will tell.

If they did not retain him, there is a good chance the preds fold is how I look at it.

The fanbase was going to mutiny

So it seems i should have put the Preds resigning weber to an ungodly contract. I cannot argue with it, it is legit, like Joe Thornton said it may have folded the franchise had he left.

So the biggest moment in franchise history is when the Predators way overpaid a defenseman. Not arguing it. It says something about the incredible run of mediocrity of the franchise.

• 2 weeks later...

So the biggest moment in franchise history is when the Predators way overpaid a defenseman. Not arguing it. It says something about the incredible run of mediocrity of the franchise

And their lack of being able to draft a forward with impact. Hell they just traded their best forward they ever drafted i thought in Hornqvist. They are a goaltender/defenseman factory it seems but just can't find a solid franchise forward to save their lives.