Hockey Trivia time! :)

pilldoc

• 8 months later...

I think I'll revive this since it has just been sitting here for a good while without a new question.

The NHL was formed from the NHA to exclude a particular team owner. Who was it and what was the name of his team?

I think I'll revive this since it has just been sitting here for a good while without a new question.

The NHL was formed from the NHA to exclude a particular team owner. Who was it and what was the name of his team?

I remember reading about this but can't remember the details.

Edit: just looked it up and I got the excluded city right. Would never have gotten the owner or team name.

Edited by JackStraw

I remember reading about this but can't remember the details.

Edit: just looked it up and I got the excluded city right. Would never have gotten the owner or team name.

Feel free to go ahead and give the answer if you'd like.

@peter puck

#15 I think.  I posted a website under the Flyers Reference Websites that has all that type of info.....

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/PHI/numbers.html

http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/topic/61415-important-website-references-for-the-philadelphia-flyers/

so glad you guys revived this thread I started a long time ago.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM, pilldoc said:

Ok it is the beginning of August and training camp is still several weeks away......so..........

Why not do some trivia?  Hope to get some participation here....besides we might all learn a thing or two! ;)

Here we go....... (i'll post the the answer in a day or two) ...and by the way if you have one...feel free to post it too!

Name the only city that had both their NHL team and MLB teams with the same name at the same time (same years)?

(yes there was a Colorado Rockies NHL team and the current Colorado Rockies MLB team...this is NOT the answer since they played in different years)

HINT: this was before the modern era

well that would be the Pirates.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pilldoc said:

wow..i'm impressed...i thought everyone forgot about this thread.  you are correct!

Doc, I swear I accidentally stumbled into it, lol. For years I have been posting and playing in here and never once noticed that we have a trivia section. Need to open my eyes more I guess, it would be kind of neat to get something like this fired up if enough others agree.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Of the 46 members of the NHL 500+ goals club, 10 of them accumulated more goals than assists. Name all 10 players.

Of the 46 members of the NHL 500+ goals club, only 2 of them accumulated under 1000 points. Name both players.

Of the 46 members of the NHL 500+ goals club, only 3 of them played under 1000 games. Name all three players.

On 5/2/2022 at 7:57 AM, NHL HHOF said:

Of the 46 members of the NHL 500+ goals club, 10 of them accumulated more goals than assists. Name all 10 players.

Of the 46 members of the NHL 500+ goals club, only 2 of them accumulated under 1000 points. Name both players.

Of the 46 members of the NHL 500+ goals club, only 3 of them played under 1000 games. Name all three players.

THE 10 OUT OF THE 46 MEMBERS OF THE NHL 500+ GOALS CLUB

WHO ACCUMULATED MORE GOALS THAN THEY ACCUMULATED ASSISTS

01. Alex Ovechkin (780-630)

02. Brett Hull (741-650)

03. Mike Gartner (708-627)

04. Bobby Hull (610-560)

05. Dino Ciccarelli (608-592)

06. Mike Bossy (573-553)

07. Joe Nieuwendyk (564-562)

08. Maurice Richard (544-422)

09. Keith Tkachuk (538-527)

10. Peter Bondra (503-389)

Of the 46 members of the NHL 500+ goals club, only two of them didn't accumulate 1000 points -

Maurice Richard (966 points), Peter Bondra (892 points).

Of the 46 members of the NHL 500+ goals club, only three of them played under 1000 games -

Maurice Richard (978), Mario Lemieux (915), Mike Bossy (752).