You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

pilldoc

Hockey Trivia time! :)

Kerry Fraser?

Did you ever the hear the joke about Kerry Fraser?

He fell and broke his hair.

@blocker  Never has a NHL ref cared so much about the perfect placement of every hair. He seemed obsessed with it. I swear he would throw guys out of the game if he got his hair messed up breaking them apart!!

I think I'll revive this since it has just been sitting here for a good while without a new question.

The NHL was formed from the NHA to exclude a particular team owner. Who was it and what was the name of his team?

I think I'll revive this since it has just been sitting here for a good while without a new question.

The NHL was formed from the NHA to exclude a particular team owner. Who was it and what was the name of his team?

I remember reading about this but can't remember the details.

Edit: just looked it up and I got the excluded city right. Would never have gotten the owner or team name.

Edited by JackStraw

I remember reading about this but can't remember the details.

Edit: just looked it up and I got the excluded city right. Would never have gotten the owner or team name.

Feel free to go ahead and give the answer if you'd like.

Feel free to go ahead and give the answer if you'd like.

Toronto was the team that was excluded. They weren't the Leafs then, and I've already forgotten the name that I looked up yesterday   :blink[1]:

@peter puck

#15 I think.  I posted a website under the Flyers Reference Websites that has all that type of info.....

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/PHI/numbers.html

http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/topic/61415-important-website-references-for-the-philadelphia-flyers/

so glad you guys revived this thread I started a long time ago.

Do we have to get Peter's answer to post another trivia question.....I have a good one pertaining to the Flyers...

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM, pilldoc said:

Ok it is the beginning of August and training camp is still several weeks away......so..........

Why not do some trivia?  Hope to get some participation here....besides we might all learn a thing or two! ;)

Here we go....... (i'll post the the answer in a day or two) ...and by the way if you have one...feel free to post it too!

Name the only city that had both their NHL team and MLB teams with the same name at the same time (same years)?

(yes there was a Colorado Rockies NHL team and the current Colorado Rockies MLB team...this is NOT the answer since they played in different years)

HINT: this was before the modern era

well that would be the Pirates.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

well that would be the Pirates.

wow..i'm impressed...i thought everyone forgot about this thread.  you are correct!

10 hours ago, pilldoc said:

wow..i'm impressed...i thought everyone forgot about this thread.  you are correct!

Doc, I swear I accidentally stumbled into it, lol. For years I have been posting and playing in here and never once noticed that we have a trivia section. Need to open my eyes more I guess, it would be kind of neat to get something like this fired up if enough others agree.

• Like 1

(Chuckling)...no worries! It may be time to start this thread up again on a regular basis.  Trust me...there are a lot threads I forget about! :lol:

It would be better to start a new thread for each topic question.  That way each topic can have its own best answer. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hf101 said:

It would be better to start a new thread for each topic question.  That way each topic can have its own best answer.

Makes total sense to me.