Game six of the Rangers series

I watched a repeat of the playoffs series(Flyers/Rangers/2014) last week on the NHL channel and was amazed at the Flyer's team/effort in game six.Definitely over the top,in your face,everybody pulling their weight,Flyer's in control hockey. Game seven,different team,everything that was good in game six disappeared. Anybody else wonder about that.

@  I think it was a combo of being out hustled and Lundy getting in their heads a bit. It's a daunting task to beat him in a Game 7, and he was looking unshakeable from the very start.

Yeah it doesn't help when you have the worst defenseman in the NHL at defending the back door pass in the NHL (Coburn). God it's hard to watch his brain farts. And to Carcillo of all p.o.s too. Man when Braydon effs up he don't half step. In fact if i remember correctly he was on the ice for both Rangers scores.....friggin stiff. But, but, but he is their best Dman............what the phuck ever.

You could tell Coots just wasn't himself too all series....then to find he had a hernia explains some things.

Flyers struggled to score some goals heading into the playoffs and it continued into the playoffs if not for Mase it would have been over in game 6.

Rangers out played the Flyers for stretches....Henrik played ok not his best but it was enough.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Happens a lot to this team I think.

I wondered too. Seemed to be coached differently in game 7. Different plan.

Don't know why.

In game 6 they (and Simmonds Schenn and Giroux in particular) attacked similarly to the way I think the Kings attack. Confidently, with vision and little fear about regaining their defensive positioning.

Don't know what changed.

I watched a repeat of the playoffs series(Flyers/Rangers/2014) last week on the NHL channel and was amazed at the Flyer's team/effort in game six.Definitely over the top,in your face,everybody pulling their weight,Flyer's in control hockey. Game seven,different team,everything that was good in game six disappeared. Anybody else wonder about that.

Coburn is the best d man in the team.

He was on for both goals because he plays more minutes than anyone including the PK.

I'm Tired of hearing how coburn is the problem.

He's fine! He just ain't Shea Weber. No one is. That's the problem.

Yeah it doesn't help when you have the worst defenseman in the NHL at defending the back door pass in the NHL (Coburn). God it's hard to watch his brain farts. And to Carcillo of all p.o.s too. Man when Braydon effs up he don't half step. In fact if i remember correctly he was on the ice for both Rangers scores.....friggin stiff. But, but, but he is their best Dman............what the phuck ever.

You could tell Coots just wasn't himself too all series....then to find he had a hernia explains some things.

Flyers struggled to score some goals heading into the playoffs and it continued into the playoffs if not for Mase it would have been over in game 6.

Rangers out played the Flyers for stretches....Henrik played ok not his best but it was enough.

• Like 1

Coburn is the best d man in the team.

By default not a lot of competition on the team to compete with that title.

I'm Tired of hearing how coburn is the problem.

Well stop reading it then.

He's fine!

LIAR!!! :thumbsu:  

@King Knut

Coburn was BRUTAL in Game 7. Is he that brutal all the time? No. But on that night he stunk.

Thank you Pods the voice of reason.

He was horrible just like he was horrible in over half the games of the Stanley Cup finals versus the Hawks. Truth hurts sometimes.

By default not a lot of competition on the team to compete with that title.

Well stop reading it then.

LIAR!!! :thumbsu:  

Would you rather Mark Streit be our best defenceman? Coburn is no #1. But if we actually had one, he'd look a lot better. 

• Like 1

The truth is that there is no better alternative in this team. The problem isn't that coburn sucks it's that there's no one better.

The truth hurts but reality bites.

Thank you Pods the voice of reason.

He was horrible just like he was horrible in over half the games of the Stanley Cup finals versus the Hawks. Truth hurts sometimes.

• Like 1