POLL: MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT IN DALLAS STARS HISTORY

yave1964

Dallas Stars greatest moments  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What is the greatest moment in Stars team history?

• back to back Presidents trophies in 1998 and 1999
    • Stars win the cup! 1999 over Sabres
    • Mike Modano becomes highest scoring player ever from USA
    • Seguin donated by the Bruins
    • Norm Green moves team from Minnesota

The greatest moments in Dallas stars history:

NORM FOLLOWS THE GREEN: MOVES THE TEAM TO DALLAS

The most hated man in Minnesota, he took over a financiallly struggling North Star team, promised to never move, made a cup final and two years later pulled the rug out from under and moved the team to Dallas. Norm Green made a bundle with the move, but no friends in Minnesota.

MIKE MODANO BECOMES ALL TIME SCORING CHAMP OF ANY PLAYER FROM USA

In a game against the Sharks in 2007 Modano scored twice to pass Phil Housley as the all time leading scorer of any United States born player. The Hall of famer played all but the final year of his career with the franchise and wound up with 1359 total points all but 15 with the Stars organization. A classy player for two decades.

mj5tOWU3cY3R0a--JnizXZw.jpg

STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS IN 1999!!

The West was loaded in the late nineties and finally the Ken Hitchcock crew broke loose in 1999 and won the cup, led ny Mike Modano Brett Hull and Joe Niewendyk and the brilliant goaltending of Eddie Belfour, the Stars swept Edmonton and then defeated the Blues and the Avalanche before beating the Sabres on a contreversial in the crease goal by Brett Hull.It should not mar what this team did, not one bit, they were leaded and just a tough as nails team that deserved what they got.

msnO525ojN5CIATx4Q71DHw.jpg

BACK TO BACK PRESIDENTS TROPHIES, 1998 AND 1999.

Stacked balanced teams, they put up 109 and then 114 points to win two straight President trophies. As well as the teams Stars, guys like Lehtinen and Sydor and Zubov and so many more contributed to one of the most balanced attacks ever. They won the cup in 1999 and then returned in 2000 before bowing out to the Devils in a tough series. A great team.

TYLER SEGUIN STOLEN FROM THE BRUINS

Yeah i know, one season, but the kid has meshed with Jamie Benn to give them possibly the most potent line in teams history, i know it is one year but the franchise changed directions after this deal and now they are looking like they are right back in the thick of things in the rugged West and Seguin might just be the key to the team for the next decade.

I left out Belfour offering a cop a check for millions of dollars to not give him a DUI, multiple hits from Hatcher, so many more.

This one is easy.....

"NO GOAL"

What a terrible call.

I rooted for the Stars that year (I always rooted for the West excepting Colorado of course) and I believe the Stars would have won anyway, if not that night then in game 7.

But wow did they blow that one. After so many in the crease and other such calls throughout that postseason the Hull one was blatant and they let it stand. Ugly. Just ugly.

Now as to my opinion of the rule, I think it was inane but a rule is a rule.

In fairness to the diehard hockey fans in Dallas (there's gotta be some, despite the empty arenas in recent seasons), for them, the greatest moment had to be when they got the team from Minnesota.

Granted, North Star fans despise Norm Green for doing what he did, but well, unfortunately, one group's misfortune is another's gain....and in this case the State of Hockey lost their beloved North Stars, while the rowdy Southern Dallas Cowboy football crowd gained themselves a hockey club.

And even though attendance has been pretty small in the Stars arena recently, I know the ones that have continued to support the team and not just treat is as a 'fad from the North' are sure counting getting the team as one of their most memorable.

For me, at least *one* of the greatest moments in Stars history was the unlikely trip to the Stanley Cup finals in 80-81. Yes, they were eventually crushed by the Islanders dynasty....but Dino Ciccarelli, in his rookie year took that team on a journey to remember. Who can forget the fans feverishly waving those little dinosaurs?  That was a classic run right there! Pretty sure Dino broke a lot of playoff rookie records, not sure if they still stand.

Archived