2015 NHL Season Promo || "Monster" (HD)

hf101

Awesome vid, @hf101

How can ANYONE watch that, and NOT think hockey is the greatest team sport in the world is beyond me...

I got goosebumps watching that and right as the video finished, my hubby walked by and wondered what I was looking at that had me in giddy mode......methinks any explanation I give him will take his mind the wrong way... lol.....

Nice video though.

I am SOOOO ready for the season to get underway already! 

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Ha, It was the music right?

I can hardly watch any other sport anymore, there is just no comparison.

I loved the phaneuf / crosby exchange at the end. Phaneuf "I am a *****", Crosby "So am I". 

The music, the video...everything...the whole package.

I don't have the same testosterone levels as you guys, but if I did, I bet it would have been flowing real good after that...haha.

I remember a video that similarly got me going when the last lockout season ended....One Republic's "Feel Again" that ushered in hockey once again for us tortured fans

• 2 weeks later...

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Ha, It was the music right?

I can hardly watch any other sport anymore, there is just no comparison.

Baseball, the tension builds and builds. They at least have to use an extension of their body via a bat. Eye hand coordination at 90+ miles an hour. That is way more difficult than most sports but is an individual duel most times..

Football is the ultimate game of attrition  No one deny's a quarterback or receivers accuracy. Inch by inch a battle. The hits are brutal but on a "grass" surface.

Basketball, if you can walk you can probably run. At the 50 point mark (never mind 98 points) don't they become meaningless yet every one jumps up and screams like they cured cancer. That would get boring to me

Soccer, just take a nap, you won't miss anything. Enough said.

In soccer, football and baseball, at least you grind away to get the score. Hmmm that tells me what I think of basket ball. 

HOCKEY! Play a 100 mile an hour puck while on freakin skates, while you are traveling sometimes 35 miles an hour using a stick to do the work while facing 220 pound defense men.That sends players to hospitals. Then you are allowed and expected to go fist to fist and fight any one at any given time. 

I could go on and on but I'll conclude, ice is harder than turf and those boards don't give much.

OK, one more point. I have a puck signed by Clarke. I was like 9-10 and we went to a picnic where the Flyers team played a soft ball game. See, the hockey player can play football, baseball ect, but the players from the other sports can't come close to playing hockey, spit out teethe and return to the same game. 

Just for fun, imagine the 76's playing on skates with a lacrosse stick....

@idahophilly

I used to watch every baseball game during the playoffs.  I was at one Phillies game this year.  (The Fireworks were Awesome!)  Haven't watched another whole game all season.  

I'l probably take on a greater football Eagles interest now that Reid and Vic are gone at least as background noise. 

I can't even remember the last basketball game I watched.  I'd rather watch soccer.

I'l probably take on a greater football Eagles interest now that Reid and Vic are gone at least as background noise.

AMEN brother!!   Not only are Fat Andy and the dog killer gone, but replaced with a genius in Chip Kelly and an awesome Foles. I wanted Andy gone for so long, but the fact he held on for so long gave us a shot at Chip....which did/will change the fortunes of the franchise forever. So thank you Andy, for holding on for so long!! 

AMEN brother!!   Not only are Fat Andy and the dog killer gone, but replaced with a genius in Chip Kelly and an awesome Foles. I wanted Andy gone for so long, but the fact he held on for so long gave us a shot at Chip....which did/will change the fortunes of the franchise forever. So thank you Andy, for holding on for so long!! 

I don't watch either unless they make the playoffs. Fair weather fan on them, yep I am. I watch or listen just about every Flyers game. I once went 4+ years and din't miss a game. Oh well, hockey is right around the corner.

HOCKEY! Play a 100 mile an hour puck while on freakin skates, while you are traveling sometimes 35 miles an hour using a stick to do the work while facing 220 pound defense men.That sends players to hospitals. Then you are allowed and expected to go fist to fist and fight any one at any given time. 

I've said this before but will say it again. I was at a wedding, sitting with an artsy friend of mine (he played in a band, don't think he ever played hockey etc) who was insisting we leave the reception to catch a Team Canada game. When I asked him about his love for hockey he said simply: "because it's the only sport that is equal parts beauty and equal parts violence"

I guess you could say that about, say, football, but there's something about the beauty of the ice that makes hockey special. 

I start beer league play tonight, in my 42nd year of playing the sport, and I'm all tingly. Can't wait.

• 1 month later...

Hockey is definitely the most challenging team sport in the world. Goalies probably have the hardest role, playing long 4 without breaks and being judged on 30 to 50 split second reactions. I think the next hardest role in sports is the point guard in basketball then the quarterback in football and the catcher in baseball. It is the intangibles in hockey that set it apart, the speed of the game as mentioned above plus the conditioning needed to play 100+ games to win the cup

@Tarantula  I think the catcher in baseball is particularly tough. Endless amounts of foul balls off various body parts, the danger of the bat hitting you, the complexity of positioning the defense. Alex Avila on the Tigers sustained 3 concussions last year alone.

Archived