Jordan Staal out with Broken Rt Fibula

hf101

Tough break for the Canes as Jordan Staal suffers a fracture to his right leg in Tuesday's preseason game against the Sabres as he was tangled along the boards with Josh Georges.  

No timetable yet for his return.  

Eric Staal on the other hand is expected to return to the roster at the end of training camp as he recovers from abdominal surgery.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hurricanes wouldn't be looking to add some depth at center in a trade.

Tough break for the Canes as Jordan Staal suffers a fracture to his right leg in Tuesday's preseason game against the Sabres as he was tangled along the boards with Josh Georges.  

No timetable yet for his return. 

Eric Staal on the other hand is expected to return to the roster at the end of training camp as he recovers from abdominal surgery.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hurricanes wouldn't be looking to add some depth at center in a trade.

http://youtu.be/NwwY9y6O3hw

Lecavalier....come out to play-E-ay

He used to sit in a tinted out range river and wait while subway employees made his sammich and brought it out to him. Now I know why... Probably would've got hit by the door and broken a rib... Guy just seems to have an injury magnet.

YESSSSS....They need them some VLC!!!

Josh Gorges on breaking Jordan Staal’s leg: ‘I heard him scream’

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/josh-gorges-on-breaking-jordan-staal-s-leg---i-heard-him-scream-183539888.html

“The puck got moved up to him,” he said. “I stepped in front of him to try to separate him from the play. We got kind of tangled up. He tried to grab around me to switch positions. Next thing I know, he falls. He must’ve gotten tangled up, and I went right over top of him.

“It was one of those plays, where as soon as I landed on him, I heard him scream. I knew right away something must’ve hurt him. I mean, he’s a pretty tough guy. A guy like that doesn’t lay on the ice for nothing. I knew something was wrong right away. I was kind of on his back side. The ref came to me and told me it looked pretty ugly. It’s kind of one of those scary plays.”

OOOOOooooochhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Not a very good start at all for the Hurricanes.

With most pre-season predicitons, many believe the Canes to be behind the 8-ball as far as their season goes.....a team with some good talent, but not a ton of depth, and many questions regarding goaltending.

This team needs every bit they can get from everyone....losing a player like Jordan Staal for the foreseeable future simply does not bode well at all and their season could very well be over before it even begins.

Not a very good start at all for the Hurricanes.

With most pre-season predicitons, many believe the Canes to be behind the 8-ball as far as their season goes.....a team with some good talent, but not a ton of depth, and many questions regarding goaltending.

This team needs every bit they can get from everyone....losing a player like Jordan Staal for the foreseeable future simply does not bode well at all and their season could very well be over before it even begins.

Exaxctly, when it come to depth, they are short, a bunch of supposed prospects who are getting up in years, Rutherford has done a terrible job for the most part with the draft. They can not afford to lose Staal. 3-4 months is the expected time frame. Terrible blow.

Exaxctly, when it come to depth, they are short, a bunch of supposed prospects who are getting up in years, Rutherford has done a terrible job for the most part with the draft.

Brings a smiling tear to my eye to know he is the GM in Pittsburgh. 

He sucks... But he's here for a reason. We're tanking for McDavid.

While I am not a pens fan, that would be a great thing for pittsburgh. Prior to hextall, I would have liked McDavid in Flyer land. But I think Hextall is equally if not better adept than McDavid. 

While I am not a pens fan, that would be a great thing for pittsburgh. Prior to hextall, I would have liked McDavid in Flyer land. But I think Hextall is equally if not better adept than McDavid.

I was teasing about tanking for McDavid bud... If you can trade Hextall for McDavid in the draft you should do it! Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived