Carcillo

Guest Phlyer1

Had no idea what u meant until I found this.

http://sports.yahoo....rcillosuspended

CHICAGO (AP)—Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo has been suspended indefinitely by the NHL following his ugly hit on Edmonton’s Tom Gilbert on Monday night.

The league says Carcillo’s ban is pending a hearing with the department of player safety.

Carcillo launched Gilbert into the boards 7:23 into the second period of the Oilers’ 4-3 victory, resulting in a major boarding penalty and a game misconduct. Gilbert left with a lower-body injury, and Edmonton coach Tom Renney said he wasn’t sure when he would be able to return to the ice.

Carcillo appeared to be favoring his left leg when he was helped off. He has two goals and nine assists in 28 games in his first season with Chicago.

The NHL announced the punishment on Tuesday.

Carcillo also was suspended earlier this season.

Just glad as hell he's gone, dude is a time bomb. Just hope Rinaldo DOES NOT turn out like him.

Evidently it was not the Orange and Black that was the reason for so many penalties.

considering he was the most penalized player in the league before he came to Philly I guess it's no surprise he's continuing his ways out in Chicago.

Signing Carcillo was one of the dumbest moves PH ever made. Nothing to do with losing Scott "the Messiah" Upshall. It was bringing in the most penalized player in the league to a team who's #1 problem was discipline on the ice.

considering he was the most penalized player in the league before he came to Philly I guess it's no surprise he's continuing his ways out in Chicago.

Signing Carcillo was one of the dumbest moves PH ever made. Nothing to do with losing Scott "the Messiah" Upshall. It was bringing in the most penalized player in the league to a team who's #1 problem was discipline on the ice.

This is an organization that traded for Billy Tibbetts and drafted Steve Downie.

Jus' sayin'... :ph34r:

Don't miss carbomb. He never panned out to be what they hoped and his schtick is wearing mighty thin.

This is an organization that traded for Billy Tibbetts and drafted Steve Downie.

Downie has more talent than Carcillo will ever dream of. He's turned into a pretty good player in Tampa and for the most part is keeping his nose clean. Maybe getting drafted by the Flyers just put a bigger bullseye on his back, but if the Flyers hadn't drafted him someone else sure would have.

Downie has more talent than Carcillo will ever dream of. He's turned into a pretty good player in Tampa and for the most part is keeping his nose clean. Maybe getting drafted by the Flyers just put a bigger bullseye on his back, but if the Flyers hadn't drafted him someone else sure would have.

despite all of his shenanigans, I was really hoping Downie would've succeeded here, I liked his edge and turns out he can play some decent hockey afterall...

But you are right, Downie + Flyers = non stop trips to the box

looked like a clean hit to me :D

I said the same thing.

Other than it being a really BIG hit, I kinda thought it was clean... Yeah it looked really bad, but I think the reason it looked so bad and the reason why it hurt the both of them was because it was at such a fast pace & they hit eachother really hard. But that's just my opinion, I'm not an expert !

@emwags618

Carcillo hit a defenseless Gilbert violently into the boards prior to Gilbert touching the puck.

Carcillo received a major penalty and a game misconduct for the play.

41.1 Boarding – A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently in the boards. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

This is in no way clean. Carcillo deserves every minute and every $$$ lost with his suspension.

@emwags618

Carcillo hit a defenseless Gilbert violently into the boards prior to Gilbert touching the puck.

Carcillo received a major penalty and a game misconduct for the play.

41.1 Boarding – A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently in the boards. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

This is in no way clean. Carcillo deserves every minute and every $$$ lost with his suspension.

I didn't know much about boarding & hitting rules, but I looked them up and read through them, and now that you say that and now that I know the rules, I completely agree that it was illegal.

Carcillo needs to get his act together.... It's good to be a physical player, but he's just stupid. Sooner or later no team, coach or fans are going to be willing to put up with him.

I don't believe it was totally an illegal hit, Gilbert was playing the puck. Was it a classless hit, yes but illegal I don't think so..

I agree, the form of the hit seemed legal for the most part, but the circumstance was totally inapropriate and it was stupid and unecessary.

I agree, the form of the hit seemed legal for the most part, but the circumstance was totally inapropriate and it was stupid and unecessary.

Because the player got hurt and because it was Carcillo = automatic suspension

if the player walks away and it not's Carcillo = play on

<< This is the 10th time supplimental discipline has been handed to Carcillo. I don't think 7 games is enough. >>

Agree 100%. Should have been 15 (or more). Suspensions of that length would appear to have more of an impact. (See: Cooke, Matt - so far).