goaltending

briere48

flyers fan coming in peace, i dont think drafting another foward is going to fix this team's woes, i think this team needs a really good goalie because look at bluejackets,flames, ducks, canucks etc, they have really good goaltending, good goalies make a difference for any team,  i dont think it's matter of youth on your roster, it's your goaltending.

Personally, I think it is management and coaching.

This is a team that would have truly benefited from Trotz

Agreed ten times over!!

Trotz woulda at least had the playing sound and benching players who didn't want to play within his system. One heck of a coach. And he has the pedigree to make these dogs sit up and take notice.

How do you have that many top picks and then basically win the lottery with Schultz and still suck so bad year after year?

Agreed ten times over!!

Trotz woulda at least had the playing sound and benching players who didn't want to play within his system. One heck of a coach. And he has the pedigree to make these dogs sit up and take notice.

How do you have that many top picks and then basically win the lottery with Schultz and still suck so bad year after year?

-Barry Trotz would have been terrific, yes.

-Eakins has benched players that didn't stick within his system, not that I consider this to be the sole measure of coaching.

-The Justin Schultz problem is that he's always gotten too many minutes. He should be 3rd pairing at ES, let 'er loose on the PP kind of guy. Not a very good defenseman at all, and definitely not a lottery win.

Archived