Dallas Eakins Finally Fired

hf101

nothing will change until they fire Lowe and completely clear out the trainers and management staff.

This team drafted enough talent in the past 8 years to have done SOMETHING. Instead, you hear horror stories about their training techniques and players who speak up calling out other teammates get shut up quick.

How is it Perron calls out teammates and then immediately is talked about in trades.

Hopefully the Oilers get a little bump from this and start winning some games. Now, if Carolina could do the same. The Flyers still have a chance to slip into the bottom 3, what with Buffalo's and Columbus' recent play. Still, lots of teams competing for the bottom 5. So, put Cooter back on the 4th line - we don't want him leading the Flyers to a near playoff position...

They need to gut that entire management. Lousy drafting after the first round. A team built around wingers. Haven't found a goalie or a top defenceman the entire time they've been there. The old boys club is alive in Philly, but it's a monster in a bad way in Edmonton.

A month after taking the GM job, Craig MacTavish began interviewing for an Assistant Coaching job for then Head Coach Ralph Krueger. Krueger was told that he could go overseas to take care of some business, and MacT could do the rest of the interviews on his own. MacTavish was so blown away by Dallas Eakins that instead of offering him the Assistant job, he made him Head Coach, and then fired Krueger (who took a team with less talent and got them to a 19-22-7 record playing only against the West) via a Skype call...

Right now, wherever he is, Ralph Krueger must be having a pretty good laugh.

Just because it had to be mentioned, the timeline goes like

-MacTavish is fired as HC after the 2009 season.

-MacTavish is hired as GM after the 2013 season.

-MacTvavish hires Dallas Eakins as HC prior to the 2014 season.

-MacTavish fires Dallas Eakins and takes over as HC during the 2015 season.

So, is it a sh!tshow or a clusterphuck?

So, is it a sh!tshow or a clusterphuck?

LOL...

It's pretty terrible all the way around. Pretty amusing that this happened a week after MacTavish called a press conference where he said that Eakins isn't going anywhere.

The talking heads on Hockey Central are saying pretty much the same things that are being said in this thread. Also saying they expect a major trade to happen. Not a 3rd or 4th liner, but a big name player. I think Eberle will be the one to go and I would love to see him in the Orange & Black.

It's pretty terrible all the way around. Pretty amusing that this happened a week after MacTavish called a press conference where he said that Eakins isn't going anywhere.

I know, I was just reading that story. He looks like an asss. If they ever get around to clearing house, they should also fire their Director of Communications. Although, I bet MacTavish couldn't stick to a scrip if his life depended on it...

Katz needs to some new hockey people around him that he can trust. He's not getting good advice right now... 

Pretty amusing that this happened a week after MacTavish called a press conference where he said that Eakins isn't going anywhere.

In hockey circles that means "pack your bags, because you're on borrowed time."

It's the Bob Clarke School of Media Relations.

History indicates that Kevin Lowe will soon take a position above mere "president" he invents. Perhaps supreme overlord, while promoting MacT to  President. At which point, Dallas Eakins will be apponted GM.

How is it people can fail into better jobs higher up in this organization?

Totally amazing how MacTavish and Lowe come out unscathed time after time. Bottom line for me, is Katz is not a hockey guy, and the crew that has his ear are not giving good advice. Lowe needs to go first and foremost. I blame Katz, he's a one man show and knows little about running a successful team. Usually, when this happens, the owner surrounds himself with good solid hockey minds, which Lowe is obviously not. Lowe needs to go, the whole entire scouting staff needs to go, MacT needs to go....all of them.

I am not certain if it was a firing or a mercy kill. I remember last year when the team started slowly, Eakins said his kids were harassed at school.

He was supposed to be the darling young coach, the Marlies coach a few years ago, rumored to be going about everywhere. When Edmonton nabbed him, i remember thinking they got a good one, i had bitten into the hype with most everyone else.

He is young enough to go back the the A and rebuild his rep, and get another chance somewhere down the line. I would seriously not be surprised to see him succeed his second trip around, kind of like Gallant in Florida who I really think is going to have the kids fighting for a playoff spot after a mixed bag in his first job in Columbus. Gallant went back to Quebec and paid his dues and now coaches a solid young club going up, I think Eakins will lick his wounds and someday prove himself as an NHL coach.

Archived