World Juniors

flyercanuck

Everyone expected McDavid and Lazar to dominate, but they are still adjusting....but controlling play while doing that, so all is good. Love the secondary scoring on this team, Domi, Declair and Rienhart make a fearsome 1B line. The defense is jumping in so quickly there is literally no gap between them and the forwards, a great sign. Morrissey is just so very impressive, what a wonderful stride he has, will be a treat to see him grow evolve on the Jets blueline with Trouba....those 2 will be a lot like Pieterangelo and Shattenkirk in the coming years. Hutch looks like the goalie of the future, Jets are sitting pretty right now.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeebus, today is gonna be tough......LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Just a note, the annual New Year's Eve game is being played at 3:30 pm instead of the usual 7pm start time. At least more people will remember this one.

Man the Preds are loaded going to have tow of the top talents playing in the tournament.

Kevin Fiala and Jusse Saros going for a repeat in net for Finland.

How in the hell does Nashville keep hoarding all these damn goaltenders.....not fair Flyers needs some too!!!

@hf101

Beating the defending champs in the first game tells you all you need to know...the US has a serious team this year. Maybe as much top 6 talent as Canada, and that's a lot. Probably not quite there in the 3rd and 4th lines. Defence is solid, though again not the depth Canada has. But goal is rock solid. Better than what we have.

Canada with the rout over Slovakia 8-0. Fabbri was the top scorer with 2g 2a. Sam Morin with the two biggest saves of the game when it was only 1-0

He had 6 shots and made some nice plays. it was his first meaningful game since breaking his hand. I expect him to get better each game as the rust comes off. I think I'd take Ritchie off his line and give him someone who can keep up though.

Finland in tough now after Slovakia beat them 2-1. They have 1 point in 2 games and play Canada next.

Canada beat Germany 4-0. The Germans hung in there keeping it to 2-0 til the 3rd with a tight checking full team effort. McDavid had 1g 2 a but could have had 6 points if guys could finish. The same could be said about Domi who has matured incredibly in the last year.

Robert Hagg a pretty iffy start to the tourny. He was directly involved in both goals against. He needs to be better. Other than the two glaring give aways, he looked pretty polished.

I think he'll be the one defensive prospect they will give up on and trade.

Although the outcome looked respectable, a VERY sloppy effort for Team Canada against Germany. WAY to many giveaways....if we played like this against one of the better teams, the result would not be a win. They need to be stronger on the puck, make the safe unspectacular play more often.

Can someone whos seen a lot of the US team in this tournament give a scouting report on how draft eligible Hanifan and Werenski have looked so far? Hanifan was hyped to be the undisputed 3rd overall but I've heard more than a few say they prefer Werenski. (even though it appears we won't be drafting either)

Can someone whos seen a lot of the US team in this tournament give a scouting report on how draft eligible Hanifan and Werenski have looked so far? Hanifan was hyped to be the undisputed 3rd overall but I've heard more than a few say they prefer Werenski. (even though it appears we won't be drafting either)

I can only comment on the Germany game yesterday which I saw most of. But the US had so many powerplays it's not necessarily a representative sample of work. I though Hanifin looked fairly ordinary, but he is clearly a smooth skater. The big difference with Werenski is size. And I imagine that is big difference when it comes to the scouts.

Dominik Masin.

19 yr old defensive prospect for the Tampa Bay Lightning, currently on the Peterborough Petes roster, playing on Team Czech Republic.

Anyone know what kind of defenseman he is projected to be?

Just judging by the the little I have seen of him, looks like a minutes eater (he's out there quite a bit), has good size, not an overly offensive type, but does have a high number of PIMS which may suggest he is more a shut down type guy who is not afraid of getting his hands dirty.

Close enough capsule? Or does anyone else have some more light to shed on him for me? 

Thanks.    :)

Archived