World Juniors

flyercanuck

The tournament kicks off one week today, on Boxing Day.

Canada will be hosting in Toronto and Montreal. TC just got some great news yesterday when Curtis Lazar was loaned out by the Sens. 

I see the lines being something like...

Fabbri McDavid Duclair

Domi Reinhart Lazar

Dal Colle Petan Virtanen

Ritchie Gauthier Point 

Crouse                                             four pretty fine looking lines

Nurse Theodore

Morrisey Bowey

Fleury Morin

Hicketts                                            D looks solid

Fucale                                              aaaaand the achilles heel of the team. Why TC just names the goalies and doesn't open up competition for it bewilders me.

Comrie

Players not released Mackinnon Ekblad Drouin Horvat

The US will ice a big fast young team. Consensus #2 and #3 picks in this years draft, Eichel and Hanifan should be two of the more notable players. Other names include goalie Thatcher Demko, Tuch, Werenski, Deangelo, Larkin etc. Looks like a great lineup though not quite the depth Canada has. These two teams should be the favorites going in. Of course you can never count out the defending champ Finns, Sweden or Russia. Feel free to add rosters etc.

As always, really looking forward to it.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if these lines and pairings are official, two Flyers prospects (Hägg and Lindblom) on team Sweden:

Kempe - Nylander - Olofsson

JDLR - Wallmark - Lööke
Lindblom - Holmström - Brodecki
Karlsson - Ehn - Blidh
Bristedt - Asplund

Hägg - Aho
Englund - Bergman
Norell - Kylington
Lagesson - Forsling

Johansson
Söderström
Ward

Don't know anything about him, what's his scouting report say?

Odd, all the mocks I've seen have Klyington around 5-8....McKeen's has him at #14, the lowest I've ever seen him ranked for the upcoming draft....he appears to be a decent all round d-man who leans towards being an offensive threat. Youngest player ever to play in the pro ranks in Sweden...so you have to take his stats with a grain of salt.

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/players/oliver-kylington/

This ranking has him listed as the top Swedish prospect, and most rankings have him as the top Euro in the draft, guess his forte is a "terriffic puck mover", which we all know is a very special skill valued by all GM's.

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/uncategorized/2015-nhl-draft-sweden-top-10/

Odd, all the mocks I've seen have Klyington around 5-8....McKeen's has him at #14, the lowest I've ever seen him ranked for the upcoming draft....he appears to be a decent all round d-man who leans towards being an offensive threat. Youngest player ever to play in the pro ranks in Sweden...so you have to take his stats with a grain of salt.

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/players/oliver-kylington/

This ranking has him listed as the top Swedish prospect, and most rankings have him as the top Euro in the draft, guess his forte is a "terriffic puck mover", which we all know is a very special skill valued by all GM's.

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/uncategorized/2015-nhl-draft-sweden-top-10/

I don't have a McKeen's membership so I couldn't see it but I'll look around for a scouting report

He was ranked 4-5 going into the season but has dropped a bit. Things will change as the year goes on but there are a lot of great forwards out there too.  Whoever we get better have at least a bit of size and be able to skate...to go with elite talent.

And just as advertised, Canada totally dominates Russia in all aspects of the game...skating, hitting, puck control, faceoffs, shots, better unis, ...except goaltending. Sorokin flat out stole that game. Shots were 53-20. Fucales glove was pathetic on both goals. That first one most people could catch bare handed. Lets see what Comrie has.

@flyercanuck  Why is our goaltending questionable year after year??  Like you have said many times, we have to stop" anointing" these kids at an early age and start opening up the process to every available goalie. Seems like these kids are named to the under 17 team and just naturally progress to the WJC....this can't be the best way to get goalies. How many slip during that time frame, or stagnate while others who were previously not on the radar are coming on like gangbusters....but 100% ignored. Pfffft, this is getting real old!!!

Read today that Canadiens made their dressing room and practice facility at Brossard available to the Canadian juniors.  Nice gesture.  Some of these kids will never make it to the pros, but they'll have the added experience of using those first-rate venues as memories.

Archived