New Jersey Devils Team Discussion

JagerMeister

Oh My God, WE WON AGAINST A GOOD TEAM!!!

Good for the Devils.

I watched just a bit of that Pit-NJ game right before my teams went on the air, and I saw the Devils play with a purpose tonight.

Young guy like Gelinas making mistakes, but moving on from them, not worrying too much about it and ultimately getting their win.

Nice to see.

It's what NJ probably should have been doing since the start of the season......they should have gotten rid of the dead weight vets, let the younger players get at it, particularly defensemen, let them make their mistakes, and live with the results.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also probably helps to have the Godfather on the bench. If you screw off in front of him, you're probably in trouble. They've definitely played with more emotion the last couple games, but that could just be the surge that sometimes happens after a coaching change. Whether or not they keep it up we'll have to wait and see.

@MadDevil

You may be absolutely dead on about every one of these guys, my point is what do you have to lose by finding out if there is anything there or not rather than let Havlat and Ryder and Clowe continue on their farewell tour? Personally, I would rather give Boucher a shot, see if Whitney could fallow in the wee footsteps of a Zuccarello or if Matteau can be dusted off and trotted back out than see Zidlicky stumbling around trying to feed an outlet pass to Ryder.....

Watched every minute of the Wings/Devils game a couple of nights ago, a few quick thoughts.

Absolutely appalled by the lack of intensity by the forwards. Zero shots for like the final 13 minutes. How was that even possible? Jagr looked frustrated all night, two straight bad penalties. Even with Lou standing behind them they simply got nothing out of their forwards save for an opportunistic goal from Whitney.

The defense did a great job for 55 minutes of frustrating the Wings, shot blocking, clogging lanes, honestly I was impressed with that end of things. They seemed to wear down at the end as the offense could hardly cross the red line but truthfully, the defense was pretty damn good.

That was actually a pretty fun game to watch for once. Jagr with the hat trick, Devils with 5 goals, a few fights. Certainly more entertaining than the garbage we've had to watch most of the season.

That was actually a pretty fun game to watch for once. Jagr with the hat trick, Devils with 5 goals, a few fights. Certainly more entertaining than the garbage we've had to watch most of the season.

Kind of hoping Jagr ups his game and gets atleast 60 points to up his trade value and i also want him to do considerably well, but maybe im expecting to much from a 42 year old haha

I checked my phone in the third period and saw the shots were 41-10 for Boston and knew I didn't have to worry about watching the game when I got home. I feel sorry for Cory, getting bombarded like that.

I checked my phone in the third period and saw the shots were 41-10 for Boston and knew I didn't have to worry about watching the game when I got home. I feel sorry for Cory, getting bombarded like that.

Lol, we won against the kings, Gomez is our best forward right now. ******* Gomez.

Sharks lines tonight vs Devils

SHARKS

Melker Karlsson - Joe Thornton - Joe Pavelski

Patrick Marleau - Logan Couture - Tommy Wingels

Tyler Kennedy - Tomas Hertl - Matt Nieto

Tye McGinn- James Sheppard - Andrew Desjardins

Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Brent Burns

Brenden Dillon - Justin Braun

Matt Irwin - Scott Hannan

Alex Stalock

Antti Niemi

Scratched: John Scott, Matt Tennyson, Barclay Goodrow

Injured: Raffi Torres (knee), Mike Brown (lower body), Mirco Mueller (upper body)

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TMAC. WHY?????

Hannan needs to be old yellered and Irwin just needs to be flat out waived. One, or the other with Tennyson. But not both on the same night and certainly not as a pairing.

Karlsson and Pavelski have chemistry. I guess the best idea in the world is to reunite Pavelski with Thornton where he has the most success and put Karlsson on the top line. He has certainly earned it.

Sharks lines tonight vs Devils

SHARKS

Melker Karlsson - Joe Thornton - Joe Pavelski

Patrick Marleau - Logan Couture - Tommy Wingels

Tyler Kennedy - Tomas Hertl - Matt Nieto

Tye McGinn- James Sheppard - Andrew Desjardins

Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Brent Burns

Brenden Dillon - Justin Braun

Matt Irwin - Scott Hannan

Alex Stalock

Antti Niemi

Scratched: John Scott, Matt Tennyson, Barclay Goodrow

Injured: Raffi Torres (knee), Mike Brown (lower body), Mirco Mueller (upper body)

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TMAC. WHY?????

Hannan needs to be old yellered and Irwin just needs to be flat out waived. One, or the other with Tennyson. But not both on the same night and certainly not as a pairing.

Karlsson and Pavelski have chemistry. I guess the best idea in the world is to reunite Pavelski with Thornton where he has the most success and put Karlsson on the top line. He has certainly earned it.

should be an easy win for you guys, just saying

should be an easy win for you guys, just saying

You were saying? :lol:

This team is just mystifying. They somehow score 5 goals on both the Kings and Sharks, but get absolutely destroyed by the Ducks in between. They've gone from being outright terrible to bi polar since the coaching change.

You were saying? :lol:

This team is just mystifying. They somehow score 5 goals on both the Kings and Sharks, but get absolutely destroyed by the Ducks in between. They've gone from being outright terrible to bi polar since the coaching change.

Cant believe we won, now that i stopped watching them hey are winning against good teams. Say, Ray Whitney retired. I was disapointed, i thought NJD would take him for sure. He's only 42

• 2 weeks later...

@notfondajane  Schneider has really upped his play the last couple weeks, he is looking like a stud out there. If he had a more mobile defense and some goal scoring he would be a top 10 goalie no problem. His skill set is stronger than his stats (not that they are bad by any means)....but the problem is he is not surrounded by enough talent. I have *always* said, if you are going to build a team, start from the net on out....and the Devils have that part covered. Now they need to concentrate on strengthening the roster in front of him. Getting the goalie though, that is the tough part, they are set there, makes the rest of the rebuild easier to stomach.

@notfondajane  Schneider has really upped his play the last couple weeks, he is looking like a stud out there. If he had a more mobile defense and some goal scoring he would be a top 10 goalie no problem. His skill set is stronger than his stats (not that they are bad by any means)....but the problem is he is not surrounded by enough talent. I have *always* said, if you are going to build a team, start from the net on out....and the Devils have that part covered. Now they need to concentrate on strengthening the roster in front of him. Getting the goalie though, that is the tough part, they are set there, makes the rest of the rebuild easier to stomach.
Pens need a good consistent goalie themselves

Pens need a good consistent goalie themselves

:rolleyes:

I feel sorry for Shcneider. On so many nights he has kept the team in the game only for them to lose. The team infront of him lacks talent and at some nights, they dont even look like they give a ****.

:rolleyes:

I feel sorry for Shcneider. On so many nights he has kept the team in the game only for them to lose. The team infront of him lacks talent and at some nights, they dont even look like they give a ****.

a little effort last night they may have won it!

we did have our glory years, but they were still godamn boring lol, if we could get an exciting player in the draft.

We just lost to carolina, the worst team in the godamn league. Oh and also by our favorite way of losing, blown leads. Has anyone been counting? And hate to say it, Jagr hasnt been doing well. He isnt our best forward this year.

I don't think you'll get much more than a younger washed up player. I would put him on the waiver wire.

Archived