Tomas Hertl Discussion

JagerMeister

everything tomas hertl. Really dont know what to expect from this kid.

Does everything well, but not superstar well. Can play either wing or center. Average skater. Above average hands and shot. Especially his backhand. Below average forechecker. Average defensively. When I say average, I am thinking top 6 scorer average. not bottom and checking line guys.

That being said, he is most effective when he is trying to charge the net. Something he has been inconsistent with this season after his knee injury last season. He also falls into the trap of standing around waiting for Thornton to pass to him.

ElaborateIcyBlackfootedferret.gif

LightFlusteredBrontosaurus.gif

• 10 months later...

Speaking of Hertl, how is this kid nowadays? Has he improved? Hes certainly had a better start then last year, but I dont see much discussion about him. Has he been dissapointing?

I think he is playing well personally. But I don't feel Ward/Marleau maximize his skillset.

He looked great as 3rd line C with Nieto/Wingels and has been decent as 2nd line C with Couture out. But he is not Couture lol

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So Tomas Hertl has been bestowed first line minutes I believe, what have the results been? Has HE been playing sufficiently as a first liner? Or is he not yet prepared for the demand of first line minutes? Also, congrats on making it past the first round. I was rooting for them the whole team, and if Florida is eliminated. They will be the ones I will root for the cup.

24 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

So Tomas Hertl has been bestowed first line minutes I believe, what have the results been? Has HE been playing sufficiently as a first liner? Or is he not yet prepared for the demand of first line minutes? Also, congrats on making it past the first round. I was rooting for them the whole team, and if Florida is eliminated. They will be the ones I will root for the cup.

His possession game is not Joe Thornton caliber, but it is damn good and I am happy with his play. Joe Thornton is probably the best possession player in the league, so it is hard to compare while being on his line. But overall, I say lock him up long term.

Archived