Players that should or should not be in the HHOF

JagerMeister

After a quick check of stats, I am surprised to find that Stevens contributed more offensively than I remembered. I would still pick Blake over him for the HHOF. I stand by my statement that I believe that the NJ trap benefitted Stevens greatly. Stevens was a beast. Nobody crashed the net with him around, but I just don't think he was a HHOF worthy defenseman. Hey, it could be my NJ bias rearing it's ugly head. I have a lot of sour memories. :)

After a quick check of stats, I am surprised to find that Stevens contributed more offensively than I remembered. I would still pick Blake over him for the HHOF. I stand by my statement that I believe that the NJ trap benefitted Stevens greatly. Stevens was a beast. Nobody crashed the net with him around, but I just don't think he was a HHOF worthy defenseman. Hey, it could be my NJ bias rearing it's ugly head. I have a lot of sour memories. :)

I dont think alot of people consider Rob Blake better then Scott Stevens though i might be wrong, although IMO they are both borderline HOF

Yes, I agree. What hurts Blake is he didn't play long enough. His numbers fall short. After checking out Steven's offensive stats, I have to admit that he was more of an all-around defenseman than I thought. Thanks for the eye-opener :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I agree. What hurts Blake is he didn't play long enough. His numbers fall short. After checking out Steven's offensive stats, I have to admit that he was more of an all-around defenseman than I thought. Thanks for the eye-opener :)

Speaking of Blake, I think he is a borderline HHOF player and if not borderline, shouldnt be in the HHOF as far as im concerned.

• 10 months later...

You can add Phil Housley to the multitude of players that are not deserving of induction. He was a 4th forward, not a defenseman. Which makes his offensive stats less impressive. simply because his position was a defenseman, that doesn't make his offensive production deserving of induction. Especially because his "defense" was atrocious, and many two way forwards have superior defense to him...

Different standards for different eras for sure. Personally, I've been to the HHOF and to be honest, I don't think being in that hall, or not being in it, means squat.

There are players I recall and there are some I don't. The HHOF is a popularity vote, and a political one at that. You get elected by the same group who voted OV into the all-star team in two different positions. Heck of a player.

Hell, put everybody in.  :P

Archived