All Star suspension for Crosby

Old School Hockey

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So did Gary make it a full understanding that Crosby was officially suspended like he did with Lidstrom and Datsyuk?

In this case the team already acknowledged they knew he wouldn't play that game. Detroit didnt do that that I remember, so I don't know if he has to or will? If the team already made a statement about it does he have to?

In this case the team already acknowledged they knew he wouldn't play that game. Detroit didnt do that that I remember, so I don't know if he has to or will? If the team already made a statement about it does he have to?

Ignoring the obvious! Take off the homer glasses.

As a card carrying Crosby hater, I am happy with his removal from the ice for any reason. I would not call it a suspension  though because that would cost Crosby money and we know good ole uncle Gary will not let that happen.....

So did Gary make it a full understanding that Crosby was officially suspended like he did with Lidstrom and Datsyuk?

Gary doesn't need to since it is a rule that has been put in place for several years now.  Would you like a personal statement or something?

I don't think the NHL will coin this is a suspension. Penguins have announced Crosby is injured. Lidstrom & Datsuyk were not announced as injured. Crosby will still need to miss the Penguins first game after the All-Star break.

Wait. If he's listed as injured, why does he need to miss the game following the ASG? That's not logical.

100% missing the point.

You'd better make your point clear, because its clear as mud. 

Your original question, which seemed clear at the time, was whether Gary would enforce the rule, yes its a rule now, that any player that misses the all star game when he wasn't injured prior tot he game, and really can't be verified, will need to miss the next game.  Put in place because their comments back in 09 I think made it sound like they were skipping it because it served no purpose to their goals to win the Stanley Cup.

So he's going to miss the next game( was going to anyway apparently due to injury) because of it. So the rule was applied.

If you're suggesting that if the "rule" wasn't in place, that Gary wouldn't suspend him like he did Lidstrom and Datsyuk, then that's simply a straw man argument because you don't know what would have happened.   Any argument in either direction would just be hyperbole.

So what WAS your point.

I don't think I'm getting the point to this.

I thought there was a clear question and a clear answer, but the answer apparently missed the point.  So I guess I'm just confused as to what the point was in the initial question.  

I don't think I'm getting the point to this.

I thought there was a clear question and a clear answer, but the answer apparently missed the point.  So I guess I'm just confused as to what the point was in the initial question.  

Here Rux, let me simplify it for you in three easy lines.

QUESTION: Will Gary Bettmen have the balls to follow the rules and suspend Sidney Crosby for missing the All Start Game at the last moment

Answer: Yes it is a rule now

Point: I don't like Sidney Crosby and the Penguins and you're all homers if you can't see favoritism every day and I have to make a bid deal out of nothing to keep this narrative going.

Better?

There's probably some rule somewhere where if a player misses the ASG due to injury, they have to miss one consecutive game with the same injury - not a suspension per se. That's my guess why Malkin isn't listed as out for the next game, since he missed one leading up to the ASG. But I'm just throwing stuff at the wall.

There is no excuse, Datsyuk and Lidstrom were the first players who had to sit a game based on this rule.  99% of people, and even the players,  didn't even understand that they had put this rule in place and so there were a lot of press questions as to what was going on. You make it sould like Bettman went around with a pitchfork telling everyone that they were evil, when he was just anwsering  questions about a rule that had just been put in place that no one understood.   Everyone understands the rule now, so it shouldn't be an issue that needs clarification

Here Rux, let me simplify it for you in three easy lines.

QUESTION: Will Gary Bettmen have the balls to follow the rules and suspend Sidney Crosby for missing the All Start Game at the last moment

Answer: Yes it is a rule now

Point: I don't like Sidney Crosby and the Penguins and you're all homers if you can't see favoritism every day and I have to make a bid deal out of nothing to keep this narrative going.

Better?

YEP!!!!!

I guess that is how a Pens/Gary blind homer would see it!

All I'm asking is where is Gary and PUBLIC announcement of the said player can't play after the ASG for one game as there was with Datsyuk and Lidstrom?

Is that really too much to ask?

Archived