The Adventures of Sean Avery

Guest Irishjim

I don't think Avery was worth me reading through the whole 28 slides, but what the hey, I'm still on vacation...have time to burn. The one slide told how he shut out Dallas teammates by taking phone calls for business ventures and listening to head phones during intermissions of games....I could only imagine if he tried that on a Mark Messier lead team...Mess would have dealt with that real quick. Another funny slide was Avery walking into the Wings dressing room in 2000 (literally filled with hall of famers) and announced "you can call me A-dog"......the vets quickly responded, "um....no...we will call you puppy" and that was Sean's first NHL nickname, puppy....LMAO.

It's a shame guys like him can become millionaires in today's NHL, but what is happening to him now, strictly follows the code of karma. It's one thing to be an agitator, quite another to be human pond scum...that's what Avery is. There is no place in the NHL for people like him. Only in New York could they cheer for his return.

"......the vets quickly responded, "um....no...we will call you puppy" and that was Sean's first NHL nickname, puppy....LMAO.

that quote was one reason i posted this. i spit my coffee. just thought its was fun reading. now i hope he just goes away never to be heard from again. but are luck ESPN will give him an analyist job Edited by Irishjim

Avery's problem, well one of them, is that he fails to realize a simple truth- that is, if you're going to make the other team hate you then you'd better make sure that your team likes you (see Scott Hartnell) or unless you're also a great player you're not going to have much of a career.