Kane gets a 6.5 from the Russian judge...

Polaris922

@Polaris922

Dive?!?! What are you talking about?!?! Did you not just watch that vicious 2 handed touch........ :huh:  When did Marchand get traded to the Hawks and given Kane's number?

This is one of those dives that would make the wall of shame you were talking about before.

If that's a dive from Kane, he needs to learn not to dive into the end with 2 feet of water of water in it. Broken collar bone, out 6-8 weeks. There goes Chicago's Cup chances.

Well I am sure he did not intend to break his collar bone but by god I would call that karma at it's best for that dive.

Huge Hawks fan here and a regular season ticket holder for 32 years.  I was at the game last night and had a great view of the play.  In my opinion the play was just an awful fluke.   Really bad luck for Kane.  I don't think that a suspension is warranted even though it was a somewhat careless play by Petrovic.   But no way was it a dive either.  Having played the game, it would be foolhardy to take a dive from that angle when so close to the boards.  Kane would not do that.  He also might have caught an edge.  Sadly, it was a perfect storm with an ill timed check, and an ackward fall.   

Sadly, it was a perfect storm with an ill timed check, and an ackward fall.  

That was exactly the phrase that came to mind. Very objective appraisal by you.

The push isn't very hard, and it's the kind of "push/cross-check down on the hips" that is tolerated by the refs (and players), especially in front of the net. The perfect storm starts with that push at a spot on the ice where Kane is in the death zone, 3 feet from the board. And he catches an edge to boot.

I could see it earning a suspension, but don't necessarily think it is deserving of one. If it does, it's because of how dangerous that space can be with even a little push. If he's even a foot closer to the boards we're probably not having this conversation.

Not a dive at all.  Anyone that has actually played the game at a decent level would know that you don't take a dive under those circumstances.   I'm a huge Huge Hawks fan, and a regular season ticket holder for 32 years.  I was at the game last night and had a great view of the play.  In my opinion the play was just an awful fluke.   Really bad luck for Kane.  I don't think that a suspension is warranted even though it was a somewhat careless play by the youngster Petrovic.   But no way was it a dive either.  Having played the game, it would be foolhardy for anyone to take a dive from that angle when so close to the boards.  Kane, a smart player and not a diver,  would not do that.  He also might have caught an edge too.  Sadly, it was a perfect storm with an ill timed check, and an ackward fall.   A real shame for Kane but really a no fault confluence of events that led to a serious injury to an NHL drawing card.  The NHL loses too, not just the Hawks.

@Puckblocker

i don't have a dog in this fight. It looks to me like Kane went down too awkwardly for it to be a dive , he isn't Letanging his head or Carcilloing his arms, he is falling out of control though .  tough break for him and  your team.

The announcers were ridiculous Wow.

I understand two minutes for cross-check but very glad there was nothing more.

I wouldn't insist on this position, but I don't think it's a dive. It's certainly possible, but I'm kind of with @mojo1917 that it's just an awkward fall. It's possible that the little love tap caught him at the wrong time and he lost his edge. It's also very possible the love tap had absolutely nothing to do with it, and he just lost an edge. It just doesn't look like your typical Malkin flop to me (that was just for you, @Polaris922 ;) )

A shame for the Hawks, though. With my team being lousy, the Hawks are actually one of the teams I enjoy watching come playoff time. Given the weak year some of the rest of the team is having, they may have just become pretty ordinary... Unless someone really steps up now.

Said this on the other thread. The push is not hard but that doesn't make it a dive necessarily.

A push on the hips/lower back, even a light one, is going to move your feet. And it did. And it looks like his left skate toe picks there. And anybody who has experienced that knows it all happens pretty fast after that.

Trying to be objective about a player I loathe....

Not a dive at all. Anyone that has actually played the game at a decent level would know that you don't take a dive under those circumstances. I'm a huge Huge Hawks fan, and a regular season ticket holder for 32 years. I was at the game last night and had a great view of the play. In my opinion the play was just an awful fluke. Really bad luck for Kane. I don't think that a suspension is warranted even though it was a somewhat careless play by the youngster Petrovic. But no way was it a dive either. Having played the game, it would be foolhardy for anyone to take a dive from that angle when so close to the boards. Kane, a smart player and not a diver, would not do that. He also might have caught an edge too. Sadly, it was a perfect storm with an ill timed check, and an ackward fall. A real shame for Kane but really a no fault confluence of events that led to a serious injury to an NHL drawing card. The NHL loses too, not just the Hawks.

Played the game plenty, but unless it's perfect timing with a rut in the ice there's no way that little push takes a professional skater down. I like Kane. A lot actually. But saying there's no way he dives right then? So you telling me they wouldn't benefit from a power play?

That's a dive gone wrong. Ruts happen, but in the absence if that excuse (which nobody else gets around here), that could easily have been an embellishment penalty.

TWELVE WEEKS! Ouch!.

Whether he caught a rut or took a dive, this sucks for the Hawks.

Great. Just great. Now that Seguin and Kane are toast us Pens will have to put up with all the threads about how Voracek is the best player in the league because he won the Art Ross and how the league hates the Flyers because - even though he won the Art Ross - he was not even nominated for the Hart.  ;)

Great. Just great. Now that Seguin and Kane are toast us Pens will have to put up with all the threads about how Voracek is the best player in the league because he won the Art Ross and how the league hates the Flyers because - even though he won the Art Ross - he was not even nominated for the Hart.  ;)

“Embrace the Horror” -- FlyerCanuck

Archived