Adam Oates vs Brett Hull

JagerMeister

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better player?

• Adam Oates
    • Brett Hull

I have a feeling most here would pick Hull because he basically has the best goal scoring season of someone not named Gretzky, but i think otherwise.

During Oates's time as a St Louis Blue, Hull was definitely the better player and had more points than Oates basically every season. Hull had two 70 goal seasons and one 86 goal season. 

So you would think Hull was making Oates better. But in reality, after Oates left, he went on to record his best season yet, and had 97 assists while garnering 142 points. On the contrary, 

Hull didn't do as well after Oates left, he went on to get two more 50 goal seasons. And while it was impressive, he dropped from a 70 goal scorer to a 50 goal scorer after Oates left.

coincidence-i-think-not_zps04c901d9.jpg

So...who do you guys think was the better player? prove me wrong if you think Hull was better. Because i like Hull much more than Oates...

I have to go with Hull. No matter which way you slice it, he is #3 all time in career goals. That said, I will concede that he wouldn't be there if not for Oates. Hull's past comments suggest that he knows that too.

Better player? Oates, by far. Better scorer, Hull, by far.

Adam Oates is the better playmaker, Hull the better scorer. As for who's the better player though? you might as well flip a coin. Its just that i think Adam Oates is better because of the reasons i stated above. Unfortunately though, i didnt get to watch them in their primes.

Archived