Kimmo's Hawks debut

JackStraw

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jammer2

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/27/flyers-trade-kimmo-timonen-to-blackhawks/

scroll down to the Lebrun tweets.

3 rounds and 50 % of games played = 2016 2nd round.

It looks like Kimo has suited up for 15 total games for the Kings this playoff year, if the Hawks win this enthralling  series, here comes the 2nd rounder....!!  Woot, Woot!!

I disagree. Hawks management has been doing the best they can budget wise and we've gotten this far.

This big hit hasn't struck yet is why... watch after this season as the cap issues take hold.  

I disagree. Hawks management has been doing the best they can budget wise and we've gotten this far.

They have never faced a situation like this. After 2010, they saved their asses by shipping Huet to the swiss league to save 5.5 million and convincing former GM tallon to take Brian Campbell's 7.1 mill contract for free.

Demoting guys no longer buries a contract for more than like 800k.

As per bleacher report Back then, Toews and Kane took up 21% of the contract space. Now they take up 30% as these 10.5 million a year contracts come into play next season. They said "Effff the team, pay us both max contracts". They virtually got together and made a pact that both sign or neither sign to force management's hand. I honestly thought they would be more team friendly hometown discount kinda guys. But they got their cups and now they want personal moolah at the expense of the team.

Here is what you have currently signed for 64 million. Cap is either staying at 68 million, or going up to 71 million. So you have 4-6 million in cap space. The Hawks went slightly over the cap by a million or two this year, which gets applied as a penalty to next year's cap.

??????/Toews/Kane

Sharp/???????/Hossa

Bickell/Shaw/Teravainen

Versteeg/??????/??????

??????

Keith/Hjalmarsson

???????/Seabrook

???????/Van Riemsdyk(rookie)

???????

Crawford

Darling

Saad is RFA and will command a raise of MINIMUM 4 million. Probably 5. if you don't, an offer sheet will.

Kruger is RFA, and is probably one of the best 4th liners in Hockey. most think he will get minimum 2 million, possibly 2.5.

Assuming the cap goes to 71 million, those two alone take up all remaining cap space.

Sooooooo, you need a 2nd line center, and a two 4th liners. You also need 2 more defensemen. Versteeg has been so bad he is getting scratched and trading him only gets you 2 million in space anyways.

And that is 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, not counting how most teams keep at least 13 forwards or 7 defensemen.

Crawford kinda flat out laughed at the idea of waiving his full NMC when Darling briefly replaced him(He ain't waiving). Sharp has a limited No movement clause, so it will affect return, and Bickell(Also limited No trade clause) has been so bad you will need to package him with a 2nd round pick and give him away and even then, most teams would not take him. Not even kidding. Super overpaid and horrid.

Chicago can't afford to retain ANY salary in trades. Trading Sharp gets you 5.9 million in space and creates a new 2nd line winger need. Trading Bickell will be like the Flyers trying to trade VLC. Highly unlikely unless you bribe with a pick. Crawford won't waive.

The only real way out of this is to trade both Sharp and Seabrook and load up with rookies, which usually take a few years to get NHL effective.

Yeah, it is as bad as I think it is.

They have never faced a situation like this. After 2010, they saved their asses by shipping Huet to the swiss league to save 5.5 million and convincing former GM tallon to take Brian Campbell's 7.1 mill contract for free.

As per bleacher report Back then, Toews and Kane took up 21% of the contract space. Now they take up 30% as these 10.5 million a year contracts come into play next season. They said "Effff the team, pay us both max contracts". They virtually got together and made a pact that both sign or neither sign to force management's hand. I honestly thought they would be more team friendly hometown discount kinda guys. But they got their cups and now they want personal moolah at the expense of the team.

Here is what you have currently signed for 64 million. Cap is either staying at 68 million, or going up to 71 million. So you have 4-6 million in cap space. The Hawks went slightly over the cap by a million or two this year, which gets applied as a penalty to next year's cap.

??????/Toews/Kane

Sharp/???????/Hossa

Bickell/Shaw/Teravainen

Versteeg/??????/??????

??????

Keith/Hjalmarsson

???????/Seabrook

???????

Crawford

Darling

Saad is RFA and will command a raise of MINIMUM 4 million. Probably 5. if you don't, an offer sheet will.

Kruger is RFA, and is probably one of the best 4th liners in Hockey. most think he will get minimum 2 million, possibly 2.5.

Assuming the cap goes to 71 million, those two alone take up all remaining cap space.

Sooooooo, you need a 2nd line center, and a two 4th liners. You also need 2 more defensemen. Versteeg has been so bad he is getting scratched and trading him only gets you 2 million in space anyways.

And that is 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, not counting how most teams keep at least 13 forwards or 7 defensemen.

Crawford kinda flat out laughed at the idea of waiving his full NMC when Darling briefly replaced him(He ain't waiving). Sharp has a limited No movement clause, so it will affect return, and Bickell(Also limited No trade clause) has been so bad you will need to package him with a 2nd round pick and give him away and even then, most teams would not take him. Not even kidding. Super overpaid and horrid.

Chicago can't afford to retain ANY salary in trades. Trading Sharp gets you 5.9 million in space and creates a new 2nd line winger need. Trading Bickell will be like the Flyers trying to trade VLC. Highly unlikely unless you bribe with a pick. Crawford won't waive.

The only real way out of this is to trade both Sharp and Seabrook and load up with rookies, which usually take a few years to get NHL effective.

you never know! I don't like to doubt. I had the same trade ideas as you. Ultimately, we just have to see how the team dynamic changes.

Bro, that trade was so bad it transcends all sports.

Sorry.. I used google and now I see you refer to some sport called basketweaveball.  Sorry it is unfamiliar to me.  Looks to be foreign.  

Sorry.. I used google and now I see you refer to some sport called basketweaveball.  Sorry it is unfamiliar to me.  Looks to be foreign.

you never did know what you were looking at! I guess you could be forgiven!

you never know! I don't like to doubt. I had the same trade ideas as you. Ultimately, we just have to see how the team dynamic changes.

Hey, I hear you. My team is in the opposite situation. TONS of cap space. 18 million worth and a GM who insists he will not spend.

The only bright spot in the past month was seeing the Sharks owner shoot him a look during a presser when he said "EVERYBODY knows we need another defenseman or two, etc"

??????/Toews/Kane

Sharp/???????/Hossa

Bickell/Shaw/Teravainen

Versteeg/??????/??????

??????

Keith/Hjalmarsson

???????/Seabrook

???????

Crawford

Darling

Yikes ....when you put it that way....consider the Hawks window officially CLOSED after this run.

This much we know, 6 players are gone for sure, leaving UFA route....Antoine Vermette, Brad Richards, Johnny Oduya, Kimo Timmonen, Michael Rosival, and last and least...Daniel Carcillo...carbomb.

Further mudding up the waters....6 playes have no movement clauses....Crawford, Hjalmarsson, Kane, Toews, Kieth and Sharp....2 more have limited no trade clauses, Bryan Bickell and Brent Seabrooke....and no one knows the stipulations regarding Seabrooke....looked around, Seabrook's deal is a total mystery as far as specifics go.....

I have no idea, how in the holy hell is Bowman gonna ice a team here.....I'd be shocked if this team made the playoffs next year, as odd as that sounds right now.

Archived